Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if i fail my christmas exams but am changing course in semester 2?

Options
  • 24-11-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm doing science choice in ul atm but am moving into applied physics next semester.
    If i fail my modules what will happen?
    Will i have to repeat the modules i failed even if they have nothing to do with the course i'm moving into ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

SAA will let you know, imagine though you'll have to pass it anyway or wait til next September to start next course from scratch.
    That said, will have to pay for first semester's college fees.
    Would be surprised if they let it slide though, even if it's first year. Doesn't count towards QCA but at the same time, it's a privilege other students don't get if they failed their first semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Depends on what modules you fail and if you get a compensating fail or flat out fail them.

Aim for a QCA of 2+, this is getting a C3 in all five of your modules. If you're planning on moving into AP I know for a fact that the two Physics module you have you will get a B in, assuming you did LC Physics, did well in the labs and okay in the class tests. Vincent Casey's module seems difficult but if you go over the last 3/4 years of exam papers and know those solutions, you'll do okay.

Computer Software is a grand exam, nearly the same every year too, the lecturer is so nice and his notes are good. Again do the last 3/4 years of exams and you'll be fine.

Those in Science Choice do Linear Algebra 1 (so useful in second year, keep the notes) and Calculus 1. They're tricky from what I hear but study hard, you have a week.

I didn't do Science Choice, went straight into AP but people in my year did. They're the modules they did and I assume what you're doing too.

Best of luck with your exams, you'll be fine!

Advertisement