Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CustomPCParts.ie

Options
  • 24-11-2016 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,
    Ive been a long time guest reader on boards, but decided to sign up just now to specifically warn any budding builders off using this site.

I needed some replacement fans for my box and custompcparts was the only place I could find in Ireland that were selling the Noctua fan I wanted. Threw some extra stuff into the order since sure why not. All to the good.

At the start of the week I emailed them to find out why my order was still stuck at "Processing". I got a pre-packaged response back from "Support Desk Ireland". Ok, that happens sometimes.

I send another response asking what their "same day processing" actually means since nothing seems to be processed yet. Another canned response. I try calling them. Phone service is unavailable recorded message plays telling me to email their sales department or contact the helpdesk. I try the helpdesk again. This time I get no response.

Well Ive already tried the helpdesk and it is useless so lets try sales. I contact Sales. I get no response. I do a bit of digging (not much necessary admittedly). Wind up on their facebook page. Only 2 positive reviews on their page, one of which is from someone with the exact same name as the company director. Might be a coincidence I suppose.

I contact them via facebook chat which is something I never do but desperate times and all. We bounce back and forward, I ask a question, I get a non-helpful response, rinse, repeat. However the facebook conversation ends thusly which prompted me to post on here...

CustomPcParts.ie:
    I have supplied you with facts

Me:
    Please have a management level representative contact me with regards to this order.

CustomPcParts.ie:
    It would be more prudent for you to read the replies !

Me:
    Im sorry, this is your version of customer support?
    This person isn't receiving messages from you at the moment.

I asked to be contacted by someone in a management level so that I could actually get some customer service, I am told I need to read the replies Ive been given (Which I obviously have since I was responding to them?) and it is then followed by the facebook equivalent of hanging up on me?

At this point I dont have the items Ive ordered so I honestly cant even judge if they are a valid company or not, but going purely on their customer service I would avoid these guys like the plague.

Rant over, thanks for reading. Im off to see which country Im going to need to order from to get the fan I want.
    Cheers,
    MB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Amazon will probably have your stuff.

If you paid with PayPal or a bank card, start a dispute and get your money back, amazon will probably save you a few quid anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MarkBradley

Well I guess Im done then. My order has now been cancelled after a fun email from their Operations Manager for UK & Ireland. I was told if I had turned on my TV I would have seen the bad weather in the UK. I ordered from an irish company, and it was only today (just before being "facebook blocked") that I was told that the delay was due to bad weather. Ive been in contact with their support staff for 4 days getting the run around before being told this. I guess I was supposed to psychically discern that the stock they were selling wasnt actually in Ireland?

Oh and Ive also been told...
    We reserve the right to refuse future orders associated with
    Your IP address , delivery address , billing address and or email address.

Sums it up nicely I suppose.
    Time to head off to Amazon or similar, instead of supporting a supposedly irish company. Disappointment... Check!
    MB

They sound like a great bunch holy crap.

Also, whats with the website design? All PC building sites use the same layout and its absolutely terrible looking

Good call on Amazon. Its funny Ive never actually bothered with them for components I always wind up using a dedicated tech supplier. Granted now I have to wait another week for delivery on something that I already should have, but plus side... Wound up paying 44 euro less for the same items?! Win.
    MB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Good for you.

I'm trying to assemble the components for a computer and I'm finding the line "This item does not ship to Ireland" appearing on the Amazon site a lot.

I spoke to Amazon this morning and they said that if they are selling a third-party's goods, this is often the case. So, what do you do when Amazon can't pony up? I've looked at Mindfactory, but it seems to be all in German and I want to be able to view and order in English. It is also the ugliest site I have ever seen.

Annoying.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭davetherave

From their about us page,
    Warehousing & Logistics
    We have over 25,000 productslisted on our website. We carry over 500 of the mosr popular items in stock for fast delivery with the rest of our products available to ship from a central warehouse in the United Kingdom . Our UK stock ships to Ireland each evening week days to fulfill orders placed each day. We can also offer next day delivery on certain UK stock items. We delivery all component and accessory orders in Ireland within 2-4 Business Days for all orders placed before 3PM Each Business Day.

Typos aside, it sounds to me like their "central warehouse" could well be Amazon :D

Use google translate for mindfactory.

And their site is a hell of a lot better than most Ultimate Extreme Gaming PC Custom Build stores.

Computeruniverse or caseking both have English sites I think, or alternate.

Or use parcel motel for Amazon

Use google translate for mindfactory.

And their site is a hell of a lot better than most Ultimate Extreme Gaming PC Custom Build stores.

Computeruniverse or caseking both have English sites I think, or alternate.

Or use parcel motel for Amazon

Thanks for that.

D.

And so the saga continues. I may have been cursed by a gypsy or something...

Ordered from Amazon 24th. Amazon showing as shipped on 25th. Expected delivery on 29th. Yay!

UPS parcel tracking updates with details on 25th. Same status today. Contact UPS... Sorry package from Amazon was never provided to us. Contact Amazon. Sorry, package was dispatched by us via UPS. Would you like a refund or replacement? Seriously?!

Take replacement since I badly need this replacement fan set now, another week to wait... Oh and we wont charge you for the replacement, isnt that nice of us? I was very hard pushed to not rip the poor support guy a new one.

Im considering just buying a lego set and constructing my own fan that will function via manually provided kinetic energy (I will spin it with my finger).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

And so the saga continues. I may have been cursed by a gypsy or something...

Ordered from Amazon 24th. Amazon showing as shipped on 25th. Expected delivery on 29th. Yay!

UPS parcel tracking updates with details on 25th. Same status today. Contact UPS... Sorry package from Amazon was never provided to us. Contact Amazon. Sorry, package was dispatched by us via UPS. Would you like a refund or replacement? Seriously?!

Take replacement since I badly need this replacement fan set now, another week to wait... Oh and we wont charge you for the replacement, isnt that nice of us? I was very hard pushed to not rip the poor support guy a new one.

Im considering just buying a lego set and constructing my own fan that will function via manually provided kinetic energy (I will spin it with my finger).
    tbh if you had, you would've been the knob in this situation.

Sh*t happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Redfox25

You will get far more from those situations from being polite than ranty any day.

Amazon CS is amazing, even when they wont give you what you want, they will do something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What are the timelines here? What date did you order and when did you contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 citizanoctx

I just bought from this site and have no option to Track the order even though they have a track order tab, but it does not work.
    correspondence has been, well none ! they give the impression that this is an Irish company but have a feeling this is yet another UK company masquerading as one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I just bought from this site and have no option to Track the order even though they have a track order tab, but it does not work.
    correspondence has been, well none ! they give the impression that this is an Irish company but have a feeling this is yet another UK company masquerading as one.

I haven't even looked at this site, but their used to be (and still is I'm sure) a lot of sites popping up that seemed to be just drop shipping sites. You could usually tell looking at their "about us" and returns/warranty pages which were filled with loads of bollocks and in essence how you were liable for all return costs for faulty products , and warranty covered by manufacturers.
    One was pretty impressive in that it seemed to list pretty much everything on pixmania, just at slightly higher prices.

In most cases they were fine if your item was delivered and working. Different story if anything goes wrong

Very true, thats my worry. May just cancel my order with Paypal and buy elsewhere if i don't get some communication today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Very true, thats my worry. May just cancel my order with Paypal and buy elsewhere if i don't get some communication today.

No point waiting for communication, I'd just cancel right now & order from a trusted supplier.

Agreed , cancel it if you can and be happy with a near miss.

Trying to cancel my order is becoming difficult so glad i bought through paypal. Will dispute through them.
    I payed for express delivery as they claimed the item was in stock and express 2-5 day delivery.
    After a few emails i finally get a response.
    Their response was the items would be shipped within 3-5 days but not delivered. Would have to then wait another 2-5 days for delivery (at the cost of €8.60 delivery)
    Clearly misleading as it stated it was in stock in their warehouse in Carlow, yeah right!
    Avoid this crowd like the plague, as you guy's have said go with a trusted supplier, always.

Actually i bought from crowd in the Netherlands called highflow recently for watercooling parts fans etc. Can't recommend them enough. Brilliant customer service.
    They even mailed me 2 hours after my order to tell me one of the parts i ordered was not compatible with the pump.
    Suggested a alternative that was compatible,can't ask for much more than that. decent prices and fast delivery.
    Just wish they had the mouse i wanted in stock instead of ordering from that shower above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WojtekL

I would advice to avoid them at all cost. Ordered graphic card and paid extra for express delivery. Of course card was shown "in stock". According to webpage same day dispatch if order is placed before 3PM (mine was placed shortly but before 3PM) and delivery should take place in 2-5 days in Ireland. On invoice it's 2-5 days - fixed. Was waiting for mail about my card been dispatched then on 5th day I contacted them. Or I tried to contact because phone number is dead end -automated, no chance anyone will answer it. I used help desk and there was no response until I wrote ticket "I'm canceling order". Then miracle - they answered. And they were blaming St. Patrick day, me placing order after 3PM or trying to change 2-5 days - fixed into 2-5 business days. I answered with information from invoice where both delivery method or when order was placed are shown. I confirmed I'm canceling order because it's already behind schedule. I simply should stick with Amazon. Then I was blamed for abusing personnel (!) by manager for UK and Ireland :D He forbid me to contact them. Two days later I got mail about graphic card being dispatched. I replied them I won't collect it because I already canceled order before it was dispatched. No way they will force me to collect it. And I mentioned regulations - the Consumer Rights Directive. I was again blamed for abuse and Mr. Manager warned me he will contact Eir (my mailbox provider) if I don't stop mailing them. And he told me they could dispatch it because I didn't mail sales department and they told me to do it. First they didn't told me to do it but this wasn't a problem. Because I mailed sales 3 times :D
    I contacted the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission. I provided both mail's between me and lady named Lisa from sales department and provided with tickets from Help Desk. Next day I got answer which of course was exactly what I expected. Lady from CCPC advised me to send them final mail and told me to mention CCPC advised me with legal explanation why customPCparts must refund full cost. And in case if they don't answer she told me to contact Paypal and eventually Small Claim Court. I mailed sales again but they didn't opened my mail (you can tick option to get information if your mail was open). So I contacted Paypal and after I've sent mail cusompcparts.ie escalated it to claim. Mr David (famous manager for UK and Ireland) advised Paypal to check history of my transactions because for sure I was causing problem to other sellers trying to cut down prices, etc. He blamed me for being silly, demanding next day delivery, abusing, pursuing agenda, etc Paypal gave them time to 02/04/2017 to provide all mails and ticket answers.
    CCPC informed about another thing -"Finally, we have taken note of your comments and have forwarded them to our Consumer Enforcement Division". It looks like customPCparts.ie webpage is against regulation when it comes to informing about customer rights, etc.
    P.S. Sorry for mistakes but English isn't my native language. Anyway I would really advice to stay away from those guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I really think we should have a sticky on this page for sites we should avoid, this site has been known on here for ages that you should avoid.
    At least should have a sticky with advice on what to look out for when looking for legitimate sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Boglander

Just want to chime in here to recommend scan.co.uk as they get very little love on this site. I've ordered a number of parts from them on two occasions in the past six months or so - prices were overall similar to the European sellers and deliveries were within a couple of working days, everything well packaged and in good order. Very professional I've found.

For the record;

For my recent purchases, MindFactory, Komplett and Amazon all came up trumps.

Only niggle was Komplett putting back delivery date of one part a couple of times.

But, they sent the first batch on time and paid for the delivery of the outstanding part.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WojtekL

I got my graphic card from Amazon. Ordered late evening on Wednesday got it on Friday morning. And Paypal decided in my favor. I'll have my money back within 5 business days. CustomPCparts gambled and lost this time. Small victory but not worth time I wasted.

WojtekL wrote: »
    I got my graphic card from Amazon. Ordered late evening on Wednesday got it on Friday morning. And Paypal decided in my favor. I'll have my money back within 5 business days. CustomPCparts gambled and lost this time. Small victory but not worth time I wasted.

At least you got your money back. Be glad they didnt burn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭GSV

Avoid this company.

You might be lucky and they happen to send you the component you actually ordered, but if they send you something else or the component isn’t what you wanted, because their website didn’t make something clear... It’s your fault.

There are no issues with their website. You are an idiot for receiving the component you didn’t order and not being happy with it. Why don’t you try building another computer from the random bits they send you?

Anyway, buyer beware. Custompcparts.ie is also custompcs.ie is aslo techdirect.ie is also... ect. ect.
    They’re all run from the same little warehouse in Carlow which has TechDirect over the door and seems to be just a front for a UK company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

To be honest when it comes to components, just avoid buying in Ireland full stop (barring some second hand bits; Adverts.ie is surprisingly good for GPUs), the "buy Irish" nonsense is a sham for this particular market. Prices are also nothing short of offensive, you'll do very well to get a 1050 TI on most of them for under €200, when you can get the same from the UK for €140 or less. Obviously elements are working against their favour in that sense, but still - just avoid.

Advertisement