Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Basic dog training classes close to Newbridge,Kildare. Any suggestions?

Options
  • 24-11-2016 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to bring my 11 month lab to obedience training and have contacted a few places in Kildare but not much success with them as most of them only do sessions on weekdays and a saturday would be more ideal.

Would anyone have any suggestions of trainers in Kildare preferably close to Newbridge?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Is Enfield too far?
    There's a girl doing training classes there on Saturday mornings who's really great... Positive training methods only :)

Edited to add: Feck... I see it's almost 50 mins. Probably too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Just checked, its about 45 minutes away so probably not ideal but it's an option if I can't find alternatives.

Looking for close places so I wouldn't have my dog in the car for too long.

Could you send me on her details?

*Edit* Just saw your edit after I replied!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

On saturday mornings in Naas, the DOG TREANOR does obedience and puppy classes. In good weather outdoors in Monread, in bad weather she uses the indoor arena in Kill equestrian - only 15 mins or so from Newbridge. Her facebook page is: The Dog Treanor (her name is Jenny Treanor) or 085 814 0001

She helps us at our rescue/shelter, and a friend is taking her nutty springer rescue there for classes :)

aonb wrote: »
    On saturday mornings in Naas, the DOG TREANOR does obedience and puppy classes. In good weather outdoors in Monread, in bad weather she uses the indoor arena in Kill equestrian - only 15 mins or so from Newbridge. Her facebook page is: The Dog Treanor (her name is Jenny Treanor) or 085 814 0001

She helps us at our rescue/shelter, and a friend is taking her nutty springer rescue there for classes :)

Sounds good, I'll check that out.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Another recommendation is Judith with Dogwise.

http://dogwise.ie/?page_id=2

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Another recommendation is Judith with Dogwise.

http://dogwise.ie/?page_id=2

Thanks, I had contact her but she only does weekday evenings which are impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

rejkin wrote: »
    Thanks, I had contact her but she only does weekday evenings which are impossible.

Ah that's a pity.

Advertisement