Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Gaming PC

Options
  • 23-11-2016 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm looking to build my first PC (learning through YouTube videos so I'll be in company with my dad and brother to help) for next year summer and I'm looking for a strong PC to be able to play top games without any lag and just for the internet uses like YouTube, Facebook and so on. I'm also planning to use 2 monitors for the PC with another one for my PS4 so I'll have 3 monitors in front of me but I'll buy that myself as I know what ones to get. Is it possible to get €900-€1100 type of PC to run tons of games?

1. What is your budget? €900-€1100

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming ( Sims, Skyrim, mini games, Neverwinter/Diablo 3/WoW and big name game like GTA 5, dead island/dying light if possible?

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes, cheapest possible.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080 and no, planning to do 2 monitors in one PC.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? I have no knowledge of overclocking so no? Is it important?

8. How can you pay? Online.

9. When are you purchasing? Before summer 2017.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There's no point in buying or speccing a PC for next summer now.

If it helps, yes you will be able to get the PC you want for that money.

There's not much point giving you a parts list now as a lot of it will have changed, along with prices by April or May

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MidnightVibes

There's no point in buying or speccing a PC for next summer now.

If it helps, yes you will be able to get the PC you want for that money.

There's not much point giving you a parts list now as a lot of it will have changed, along with prices by April or May

Well I plan to buy parts on the way up, like
    December (Case, motherboard)
    January (Ram, Power supply)
    Etc etc
    and leaving the graphic card till the end which would be April-May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I really wouldn't bother, it's pointless. There are major CPU refreshes from Intel and AMD due by that time, it's impossible to spec a PC now for next summer. About the only things you can buy now that won't matter and won't really change in price/value are a case and a power supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Potentially DDR4 RAM won't really change much in that timeframe either. I assume a motherboard refresh, with same socket will happen for Kaby Lake?
    We also don't know if AMD's offering is going to be super competitive (signs are good... so far) so we can't advise you jumping the gun on a motherboard.

Well I have decided to change summer to Christmas since I'm able to get it for Christmas. So this is what I have planned so far, is this good? Should I change anything?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card
    PC Case: SHARKOON T9 Value MicroATX Mid Tower Case
    Power supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Operating system: Window 10 64 BIT

I can go up to about 1100-1200 but no higher.

• Advertisement

I'd personally get a 6500 and use the stock cooler, drop the motherboard to a H170 or cheaper and add a big ass SSD.

In fact, I'm giving that as a recommendation.

There are better cases too, at your budget a value case doesn't make sense. Maybe Nanoxia DS3 or a nice NZXT

I'd personally get a 6500 and use the stock cooler, drop the motherboard to a H170 or cheaper and add a big ass SSD.

In fact, I'm giving that as a recommendation.

There are better cases too, at your budget a value case doesn't make sense. Maybe Nanoxia DS3 or a nice NZXT

I might go for NZXT case but for the stock cooler, how does Cooler master hyper 212 EVO go? Is that good for the 6500?

Ive collected all the parts together and this is it.

CPU: Intel core i5-6500 3.2GHz
    CPU cooler: cooler master hyper 212 evo
    Motherboard: gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP ATX LGA1151
    RAM: crucial 8gb
    Storage: ADATA 256GB SSD and Seagate barracuda 1TB
    Video card: gigabyte GeForce gtx 1060 6gb
    Case: phanteks eclipse p400 ATX mid tower
    Power supply: evga 500W
    Operating system: window 10 64 BIT

Price = €1039.47

The Evo is grand, no need in it though imo, it's a bitch to install for a few degrees

Advertisement