Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel Clothing (Ireland)

Options
  • 23-11-2016 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

Waste of time. Nothing but whingers and snobs.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I know you stated it's diesel Ireland but for those unaware this is not the same company as the huge international diesel company who sell high quality / expensive jeans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I always wondered about that. Are these two completely different companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

ANXIOUS wrote: »

Yes, Diesel Ireland is an Irish Company, not connected to the Italian Company at all.

Diesel Ireland is just a regular clothing brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So the Diesel shops in Ireland, are they all the Diesel Ireland brand or Diesel Italian or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kaylden

ANXIOUS wrote: »

Yes they are. When diesel were registering their name they thought the uk and ireland were the same. Somebody noticed their mistake and set up their own business using the same name and a lot of people dont know the difference. The irish diesel is nothing like the Italian brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I wouldn't go as far to say they are crap. Their t-shirts are actually pretty good quality considering the price.

They are no different than other brands such as Crosshatch, Jack n Jones, Superdry. Infact their t-shirts are better quality than those three in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

FFS I used to buy their hoodies thinking it was the offical Diesel brand .i.e Italian. Well you learn something new everyday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Every year these bring attention to themselves with their sale. But at the same time they rely on people not knowing that there is a difference between the two :confused:
    Seeing as they rely mainly on people not distinguishing the difference, I wonder why they do it.

P.S. Their stuff is crap. it shrinks, rips, turns to cardboard and if there is lettering, it falls off.
    Poorly made using poor materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

This is news to me but makes perfect sense. I bought several pairs of Diesel jeans over the past couple of years and the quality was shocking, buttons falling off, holes appearing in pockets after a couple of uses, rips and wear with little use, I had wondered why their quality had gone downhill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭C3PO

No comparison between the rubbish from Diesel Ireland and Diesel International - I too was fooled once years ago! Usually good value on here for "real" Diesel jeans - http://www.mandmdirect.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

shocksy wrote: »
    They are no different than other brands such as Crosshatch, Jack n Jones,

So they're crap then?

C3PO wrote: »
    No comparison between the rubbish from Diesel Ireland and Diesel International - I too was fooled once years ago! Usually good value on here for "real" Diesel jeans - http://www.mandmdirect.ie/

Beware of that site. Most of their stuff is seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭C3PO

I don't know about that but I've bought 5 or 6 pairs of Diesel International jeans from them and they've been perfect! I'd be very surprised if a big site like that was selling 2nds as normal retail stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I don't think so, as far as I know it's just old season stuff, from previous years. Similar to Kildare village

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I don't think so, as far as I know it's just old season stuff, from previous years. Similar to Kildare village

Exactly the same as Kildare Village, old season stuff with other stuff that didn't quite make it through quality control. And they would have cheaper brands than Kildare Village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

A lot of people have claimed they received seconds from them e.g. here's a thread from last week: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101671022

You might get lucky, you might not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Emma1980

bought womens t shirts in here a couple of years back - couple of washes and they were fit for the bin....pennys t shirts would have been better quality!

Advertisement