Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyold and Price Shoes - Tommy Bowe Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

Dont know about the shoes but the runners are terrible quality, nowhere near the sale prices. Last a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

Interesting that. I have had a couple of pairs over the year and never had an issue. I would say they are a little narrow fitting alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Find the shoes look great initially but they wear down very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I had 2 pairs and found them very uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

kc66 wrote: »
    I had 2 pairs and found them very uncomfortable.

I had a pair of Tommy bowe shoes and they were awful !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

I had a pair of Tommy bowe shoes and they were awful !

Hah, I had a pair of boots and the sole came apart after a few months. Cheap cardboard stuff.

Good to hear what other feel about the shoes. Very surprised if i'm honest as an owner of a few pairs of both runner and shoes. Would be interested to hear of higher quality alternatives in the same price bracket if anyone knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

Cant recommend clarks enough, bombproof, cripples my soul dumping a pair, shoes as comfortable as runners. Runners seem to be luck of the draw for me cant rely on a brand, I assume there're all made in the same places anyway. Is there anything more annoying than spending a lot on shoes that dont last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Good to hear what other feel about the shoes. Very surprised if i'm honest as an owner of a few pairs of both runner and shoes. Would be interested to hear of higher quality alternatives in the same price bracket if anyone knows?
    I find sketchers to last a lot longer and be more comfortable although I wouldn't be mad on their styles.

One problem i've had with a few of the Tommy Bowes i've had is that the laces seem to compress the shoes in making them very tight and uncomfortable. I've owned around 6-7 pairs as I managed to get my hands on old stock for cheap. It's also game over if you put any of them in the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Big fan of the red or dead range. Have picked up a few bargains in eBay. Check your size in Schuh.

• Advertisement

Cant recommend clarks enough, bombproof, cripples my soul dumping a pair, shoes as comfortable as runners. Runners seem to be luck of the draw for me cant rely on a brand, I assume there're all made in the same places anyway. Is there anything more annoying than spending a lot on shoes that dont last.
    Just for info. on Vaughan shoes there are a number of pairs of clarks for sale also - (extra 15% Off with Code 'Friends')

Example

http://www.vaughanshoes.ie/p/clarks-garren-cap-tan/26114042gtan

Advertisement