Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

htc m8s - cant access bootloader

Options
  • 23-11-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hi my htc m8s is acting up..... reboots at random, volume button not working etc...

I was trying to access the bootloader to try clear the cache but cant... have been holding down volume button and power button to get it to appear like i saw on videos... not happening!

Is there anything i can do to get this to appear?.... i dont know anything about rooting phones etc...but am willing to do anything to get a full functioning phone backl!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I thought it was home, vol- and power, maybe that's only for the Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

jca wrote: »
    I thought it was home, vol- and power, maybe that's only for the Samsung.

yeah i thought so too but it just doesnt appear... it worked for my m7 but i havent a clue why not for this phone

Are you pressing the home button, volume down before powering on? The only reason I ask is because you don't mention the home button in your original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Are you pressing the home button, volume down before powering on? The only reason I ask is because you don't mention the home button in your original post.

no just power and volume...wheres the home button?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jobless wrote: »
    no just power and volume...wheres the home button?

You dont have one, ignore the above.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    You dont have one, ignore the above.

No need to be so smart. I said that I did it on a Samsung phone. Do you know how to clear the cache on a HTC m8? That would be more helpful to the op.

Advertisement