Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance

Options
  • 22-11-2016 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Can someone please help.
    I dropped my Martin and the neck is broke. I have the guitar valued in under contents insurance but will they payout as it was my own fault.
    Has anybody had any dealings with ins. companies with regards to gear. If so, please please advise. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

The best thing to do is call the insurance company and ask if its covered.

They'll have a copy of the policy.

A bunch of strangers on the internet don't!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,018 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

If it's accidental damage cover and you had an accident I don't see why they'd have a problem, but as said above read the policy document carefully.
    Remember you may have to pay the first €250 or more yourself depending on what policy you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

Thanks for the replies. I will ring the insurance company and find out. Fearing the worst! If its is only the first €250 im responsible for i will hladly accept.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Check how much a neck repair would cost before going ahead with the insurance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MarianneH

Hi op, as the last poster said you should get a quote first for repair because like car insurance you have a bonus with house insurance and it could mean a nice jump in premium at renewal if you put in a claim.

• Advertisement
Advertisement