Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Artist copied designs

Options
  • 22-11-2016 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

So I got a tattoo done on my chest, my tattoo artist drew it up and stuff, its been a couple months now and I spotted it on Pinterest, that photo i seen is 31 weeks old.. Am I right to be pissed, should I take action?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

What action? Pretty much every tattoo you could possibly get, has been done before.

He may have copied it directly, or he may have designed it himself and unfortunately done one very similar to another design on the net. These things happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Destiiny

I mean the nose and ears and shape is all the exact same but without some added bits.. kinda worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

did you buy the rights to your design

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Destiiny

did you buy the rights to your design

I think you misunderstood, My artist did a design for me, which i was led to believe it was his own work and now I seen it online long before he did mine. So is there anything wrong there or am I silly to be dissapointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Destiiny wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood, My artist did a design for me, which i was led to believe it was his own work and now I seen it online long before he did mine. So is there anything wrong there or am I silly to be dissapointed

What action do you want to take and on what grounds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

sorry got the timeframe wrong.
    i thought you saw it done to someone after you.

you are right to be pissed. you thought you were getting original but got someone elses design

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I would be very pissed off if the implied nature of the work was his design, but I doubt there is much you can do. That's gonna be on your body for life...
    Pretty much every tattoo you could possibly get, has been done before.

That's not true. Of course you can get an original design.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Depends what the Op asked for?
    If it's something very generic there's not much originality that can be done.
    If however you want a one off them that's a completely different story.

Can I ask what the tattoo is??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,157 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

It is possible that the photo you saw on the net was of a tatoo by the same artist, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I think if you were led to believe that the artist had spent time working on a. Specific design for you tham you should be pis5ed off, but not much you can do about it now, if you like your tattoo then thats more important.

• Advertisement
Advertisement