Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about insurance

Options
  • 22-11-2016 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

hi, so i am insured with axa at the moment. but sold the car today, and i will not be driving for a year or so, do i get my insurance money back? like deposit, and can i cancel the whole insurance, i dont care about no claim bonus, im ( learner permit ).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

sergiot wrote: »
    hi, so i am insured with axa at the moment. but sold the car today, and i will not be driving for a year or so, do i get my insurance money back? like deposit, and can i cancel the whole insurance, i dont care about no claim bonus, im ( learner permit ).

When did the policy commence, and was it first year of the policy, or did you have it year before as well, and just renewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If you have paid in full upfront you will get a refund, but it it won't reflect the the time remaining on the policy, i.e. if you have 6 months left, you'll get about a 3 month refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,706 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You can cancel it and you will get money back but not the full proportion of what it cost you. For example if your premium was 2000 and you cancelled it after 6 months in you might only get back €600 or less. Also as you are cutting it short you will not get full no claims bonus unless the full year is complete, could make a difference on getting insured again. Any no claims you have will lapse after 2 years of no cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sergiot

i have it for 2 months, i paid 500+ deposit, then was like 300 monthly for 6 months, which it was taken once already, its my first time, insurance

Advertisement