Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on Alcohol Consumption

Options
  • 22-11-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, I have been trying to give alcohol up for good as I don't feel great after it. At one stage I drank every night. It was very hard but I managed to get it back down to weekend only drinking. I can not stop completely I have tried many times. Should I be booking myself into rehab? It is effecting my life big time and I need help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Fair play op for looking for help.

There's a big thread of resources here that might be able to help you out.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057658188

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Everlong1

If it's affecting your life then it is a problem. Rehab sounds a bit drastic but AA might be an option for you. I went to AA four years ago after years of trying to stop on my own. Best thing I ever did. Four years sober now and very happy with it. The AA programme would help you identify whether you have a problem and if so what to do about it. PM me if you want, I'd be happy to share my experience and advice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note:

I've deleted two unhelpful, inappropriate posts. For anyone who isn't familiar with it, please have a read of the forum charter before posting.

Advertisement