Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50 - €90 Currys

Options
  • 22-11-2016 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭

Here she be.

Now somebody, please, tell me why I don't need this!

Or conversely, would this do me for wearing during 5-a-side footie to monitor my distance, etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Having GPS is a big plus. No HR monitoring and maybe a poor screen might let it down, but for the price it seems decent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

Cheers OP. Was looking for one with GPS so took a punt on this. Looks like it will meet most of my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Got this a while back, absolutely love it! I went for the steel strap and I'm terrible for walloping (spelling?) my watches off walls/desks/railings and it has held up well! Luckily I keep hitting above the screen, as getting a guerrilla glass protector is impossible! They're all SW2 protectors and so are too small for the SW3.

I can get 2 days out of a charge and 30 mins on the charger is plenty.

Have used the GPS to navigate London quite well, safer in case my phone gets whipped. Also handy on the bike, to know what speed I'm going and check directions etc. Google Authenticator also works on it. Saves pulling the phone out all the time, although I miss wearing my analogue watches.

There's your excuse to buy it BA.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

This would be my first delve into smart watches. Much difference between this and Huawei W1?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

Hi, I am going to get one of these but where do you get the steel band for a good price? Keep seeing them for 50 +. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Can't see any stock available, anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

brightkane wrote: »
    This would be my first delve into smart watches. Much difference between this and Huawei W1?

This one has GPS and looks like more of a sports watch. The Huawei looks a lot nicer. Depends what you want it for really.

Websites like wareable have fairly comprehensive reviews of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Flashdan wrote: »
    Hi, I am going to get one of these but where do you get the steel band for a good price? Keep seeing them for 50 +. Thanks.

Where have you seen it for €50(+) please? I've given up wearing mine because of the silicone strap, and the cheapest I ever came across for the steel strap was around €80 I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cgeaney

I have this for about 12 months. Good smartwatch but a bit cumbersome to wear. Good value at the price. Also has golf app

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

worst smart watch that i ever had, it has issues with GPS, after some time it will become super imprecise, its not water proof....
    watch is bulky and no practical like rounded watches

i sold mine after 2 months and couldn't be happier

my recommendation AVOID, buy it just if is 50e and you want a toy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Down to £69.99 on Amazon again. Works out about e84.65 if none in stock from currys

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulinem

I'm looking to buy a replacement strap for sony 3 smartwatch seems impossible to find even sony don't have them but they have fony 2 which is silly as 3 came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah, I was looking for a strap for mine just 'cause eventually I'll probably need to replace it - you *can* get them if you shop around but the strap costs more than the feckin' watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Near impossible to find straps and if you do find them the prices are usually extortionate.

I know it's an old post but completely disagree with Farango's comments above. Great watch, very few issues, IS waterproof (I've worn it swimming) and I don't find it bulky at all.

For those still looking for straps the link below might be of some help as you can fit your own straps. Only thing that put me off was the high postage costs and the fact that I have three straps (black, white & green) already.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DPJ3JC5AF/sony-smartwatch-3-adapter-24mm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement