Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods Ireland

Options
  • 22-11-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I recently purchased some goods to the value of €600 approx, the item was in stock on their website and completed the order there and then, I received my order confirmation email with estimated delivery time being 1st,2nd Dec or before. I was in touch with littlewoods web support today as I was unavailable to collect on those 2 particular days an requested a later date. was told this was not possible. I asked why and she could give no explanation, but later out of the blue stated that my order had been cancelled anyway as i was no longer in stock. I'm not to happy, an advice on how to proceed. I would have expected an email telling me the product was unavailable at the least. Very poor service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Here is my webhelp

info: at 12:31:33 Thank you for choosing Littlewoods Ireland, an adviser will be with you shortly. info: at 12:31:55 You are now chatting with Melissa. info: at 12:31:55 ** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat ** Melissa: at 12:32:01 Hello, you're chatting with Melissa, one of the Littlewoods Ireland online customer service experts, how may I help you today? Will: at 12:32:24 I recently placed an order Will: at 12:32:31 605359302284 Melissa: at 12:32:55 Hi there, Will, I hope you are well? Will: at 12:33:48 My estimated delivery date is 1st 2nd Dec but I will not be available to meet the delivery on those days as I will be in hospital Melissa: at 12:34:10 Ah I am sorry to hear this, Will. Will: at 12:34:23 Would it be possible to delay the delivery untill the next working day Melissa: at 12:34:26 Is it a large item that is going to be sent? Will: at 12:34:48 Large item requiring two people to lift Melissa: at 12:35:42 Let me see what I can do. Melissa: at 12:35:43 I'll send you a secure form to complete which will show in the chat shortly. If you can fill this out for me, I can take a look into the account for you. Will: at 12:35:58 ok, thanks Melissa: at 12:36:12  The agent has sent you a secure form:Littlewoods Ireland Account Verification Form Melissa: at 12:36:16 Great. Will: at 12:37:21 filled and sent Melissa: at 12:38:00 Thank you. Melissa: at 12:38:39 Is the item the Alderley bedroom furniture? Will: at 12:38:45 yes Melissa: at 12:39:38 Thanks for confirming. Sadly there is nothing that I can do to amend this delivery date or time. All I can do is make sure your phone numbers are correct on the account, so when the carrier calls you, you might be able to rearrange delivery with them. Will: at 12:41:42 Thats not very helpful, but ill have to work around it some way. Has the delivery been dispatched. Melissa: at 12:43:30 Will, I have just checked again, and I can see that your order has actually been cancelled. This means it wont be sent and you should have a refund after a few days. I am so sorry, but at least that means you can re­order for a different date now. Will: at 12:44:03
    Why has it been cancelled, i never requested this. Melissa: at 12:44:42 It is because the item unexpectedly was out of stock quicker than we thought, and we aren't getting it back in any time soon. Will: at 12:46:11 It was in stock when i ordered it , why wasnt i notified of this, why was i sent a delivery estimate date email and order confirmation Melissa: at 12:46:53 I am sorry, Will. It went out of stock rather quick. info: at 12:47:03 Please wait while I transfer the chat to Zongezile. info: at 12:49:03 All our Representatives are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. info: at 12:51:03 All our Representatives are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. info: at 12:52:27 You are now chatting with Melissa. info: at 12:52:27 ** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat ** info: at 12:52:39 Please wait while I transfer the chat to Qieyaam. info: at 12:52:40 You are now chatting with Qieyaam. info: at 12:52:40 ** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat ** Qieyaam: at 12:52:44 Hello, you're chatting with Qieyaam, one of the Littlewoods Ireland online customer service experts, how may I help you today? Will: at 12:54:41 Do i have to explain all this again from the beginnig! Ive already wasted 20 minutes. CAn i ask you what your role is with littlewoods Qieyaam: at 12:55:21 Good afternoon. I trust you doing well today. Qieyaam: at 12:55:30 How can I be of assistance? Will: at 12:56:24 I ll just go by customer complaints it will be simpler. Will: at 12:57:53 I oreder a product last week was in stock at the time, got confirmation of delivery date via email, telling me it would be delivereed 1st,2nd dec Will: at 12:58:57 I was on to your previous colleague in relation to this and she informs me that my order has been cancelled due to being out of stock Qieyaam: at 12:59:27 I do apologize for this. Will: at 12:59:35 I recieved no email notification or explanation for this and therefore i am very unhappy Will: at 13:00:45 Can you give me a contact where i can file a formal complaint Qieyaam: at 13:01:32 I am sorry for that. Normally we do notify our customers when a order is cancel due to stock availability. You more than welcome to call 0344 822 2321. Will: at 13:02:39 I would prefer not to waste money on international calls, so can i have an email address. Qieyaam: at 13:03:39 I do apologize you can use 018 112 222. I am afraid we do not have an email portal available any longer. Will: at 13:06:07
    I see i am wasting my time here, i have saved all necessary documentation relating to the transaction, including these web help sessions. So thanks Will: at 13:06:28 I will be taking this matter further. Qieyaam: at 13:06:45 You're welcome. Once again my apologies for this. Will: at 13:08:44 Its not your fault, but your company is flawed an is false advertising. I will go through my consumer watchdog for advice. Also shop elsewhere if this is the quality of service. Will: at 13:08:55 Thanks for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Voice your displeasure to Littlewoods for their poor communications and move on with your life. Providing you get your 600 refunded at least...

While a decent retailer might offer some credit or something as a gesture, they're not obliged to give you anything beyond the refund for the cancelled order.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Treadhead wrote: »
    Voice your displeasure to Littlewoods for their poor communications and move on with your life. Providing you get your 600 refunded at least...

While a decent retailer might offer some credit or something as a gesture, they're not obliged to give you anything beyond the refund for the cancelled order.
    I agree with you 100% wasted enough time with them really, it's just frustrating. I'll wait till after Xmas might get some better luck in the sales.

Advertisement