Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir webmail problem

Options
  • 22-11-2016 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Anybody else encountering problems with the service this morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mhaise

Anybody else encountering problems with the service this morning?

Yes this seems to be a problem with Zimbra from what I can pick up on net. Was out yesterday but back last night.
    I use mail2web.com and this times out when trying to connect to Eircom so both issues must be connected. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Have the mail settings for eircom mail users changed since the birth of eir?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There was definitely a problem in the past few days but it appears to have been fixed and no, the settings have not changed, I checked them yesterday to see if the server address had changed and it has not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've seen a 'Cannot log in' error on my phone at random times over the past couple of days for my Eir account - so must be something - but don't recall getting it so far today

I was having issues for the last few days too but it seems to have resolved itself now.

I use a third party mail client (Outlook) and when I could not receive mail I went to eir's site to see if I could login there to get my mail. It refused to let me in stating I was using the incorrect username or password even though I was using the correct ones. I then noticed a check box for "Login using basic version" so I checked that box and it accepted my username and password and allowed me to login.

249273c9ec.JPG

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Down again for me this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Gobethewall

Down for me also. On and off over the last 3 or 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

Umphhh?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Kev1nDonn

Down for me as well. Service has been very patchy since Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 podgesdad

Can't get in at all today! Hit and miss for last few days. Any word from eir abou this?

• Advertisement

They will probably send us all an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭shamrockvilla

What a rubbish service. I am trying to get work done which involves emailing clients. I'm way behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

eir are pathetic. This level of non-service, and apathy towards customers is outrageous. I don't think a a standard "we're looking into it" line on the website suffices. Surely if this continues the way it has over the last few days, the regulator should intervene ?

complaints also on Eir section in boards but not a dicky bird from Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Can't get in either...

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

tampopo wrote: »
    Can't get in either...

Likewise here...having problems for 3 or 4 days now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Folks - are ye paying for the e-mail service?

If ye're not, then all you can do is complain to eir, but they are under no real SLA to get it back up an running in a reasonable timeframe (one that you would like anyway). It's probably "best effort basis" which translates to "we'll get to it, when we've dealt with anything of a higher priority".

If you are using a free @eircom.net address for a business, my suggestion would be to look at moving to a paid service with an SLA. You can get the base Google Apps for Work for €4 per month per e-mail address. I think M$FT's Office 365 is a little bit more than that.

Updating the e-mail addresses with your clients will be a pain-in-the-h0le, but at least you probably won't have outages like this again.

Back up now. How long will it last this time?

Mine is still down.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

Down for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Back up now. How long will it last this time?

Same here - and yes, for how long this time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Ahah! So, I'm not alone.

Been dire all day for me.

Better on my iPhone (using 3G) than WiFi or computer at home.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What a rubbish service. I am trying to get work done which involves emailing clients. I'm way behind.

Your problem isnt eir, its bad business/IT practice.

Dont use a freebie ISP address for your income. Its a really really poor idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

They are being DDoS'd....Eir owe you nothing , they are providing a free service. Want 99.99% uptime..pay for it. Even then a lot of companies can struggle when they are targeted too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mhaise

Hi
    I too had lots of trouble until I ticked the box 'Login using basic version'
    This gets me straight in, doesn't have any bells or whistles it's like the old fashioned version we used back in the day

Seems not to have got Zimbra working properly, I also use Outlook or Mail and don't have any problem there so it points of Eir not having got to grips with the 'new Zimbra log in'

It's a pain, you'd think that they'd sort it out. Maybe they got hacked and can't figure how to sort it out yet.

Wake up Eir and get it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Are there problems with webmail.eircom.net this morning? I am getting an issue that access cannot be verified due to an SSL issue....

Advertisement