Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netatmo Relay Faulty?

Options
  • 22-11-2016 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Got the Energia service offer of a free Netatmo installation last month. I thought it was great for while, but lately, more often than not, the app fails to connect to the relay and throws up an error message that says, "Your Netatmo Relay is disconnected from our servers". None of the solutions that the app suggest are applicable. The wi-fi is fine, the router is less than 10m from the relay, it's not a MAC address issue. It's not specific to my phone either, as it happens on my wife's phone and my iPad as well. Does anybody think the relay is faulty and I should be asking Energia to replace it or do Netatmo need to update their app? has anybody else had this issue?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

Anyone? No? Everybody else's Netatmo working perfectly?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes, sorry, working perfect here and I haven't seen too many complaints once people have it set up. I'd get onto their support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pastorius

Hi, Same here, thermostat controls boiler okay but can't control boiler from Phone App.
    Going to contact Energia, see if they can sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Pastorius wrote: »
    Hi, Same here, thermostat controls boiler okay but can't control boiler from Phone App.
    Going to contact Energia, see if they can sort it.

Check out their forum might find solution there happen to me

https://forum.netatmo.com/viewforum.php?f=18&sid=51163f75ad25a2f99b9c566dfad73fd1

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crighton

General warning -

Just had our 2nd Netatmo break in 18mths, this time is simply stopped working. The unit is apprx 1 year old.

Previous time it burnt out posing a fire risk [Energia said they sent that unit for tech review but were unable to confirm what caused it].

A few things to be aware of and to note:
    The independent boiler service guy this time said many of his callouts are currently replacing broken Netatmo units.
    The Energia-Netatmo service people appear either untrained or lack expertise in fitting etc.
    <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Never had serious issues with netatmo. I couldn't connect to server few times but netatmo server issues. Had radiator valves and Netatmo updated them remotely to latest software so everything working fine.

Energia installed but they had thermo sealed onto wall so I couldn't detach it to check faults via pc. Guy who installed it didn't have a scooby. He said they only install and their fixes is same as what is on Netatmo website. I knew more than he did

Working fine now along with valves and parents got it also. Also customer service good from netatmo

Advertisement