Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta readers - historical/love novel

Options
  • 22-11-2016 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi, I have finished my first novel (well second really) can anyone tell me how I would get in touch with Beta readers and how much it usually costs?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

There are a number of paid services out there. I haven't used any myself so I will leave others to comment on that. Sometimes people will share their work with other boards users for feedback but I'm not sure how comfortable you would be with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

If you send me the synopsis, (full synopsis with all the twists and the ending) I'll rip it apart for you. I'll also look at the first chapter for writing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Generally, beta reading is free, it's just reading the full novel and saying all the things you don't like about it. But it helps if you have critical readers who will spot the plot flaws and are willing to tell you if it's boring.

Advertisement