Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas cylinder refill

Options
  • 21-11-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I need a gas cylinder refill for a superser heater. Most places I see like garages, coal yards, hardware stores etc stock Calor gas. I have an empty cylinder that's not Calor, it has Portsgas written on it. Problem is I can't remember where I got it. Would I be right to assume that the places mentioned above won't take the Portagas empty cylinder if they only supply Calor.

Does anyone know who does supply the Portagas ones, as I definitely got it here in Waterford but maybe about 2 years ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Flogas bought Portagas back in the 80s so there's a chance you bought your cylinder from one of these flogas stockists

Glanbia Agribusiness, Dungarvan, Co.Waterford, 058 44444

M J Currans, 33 & 34 Grattan Square, Dungarvan,Co.Waterford, 058 41022

Liam Walsh, Glanbia Agribusiness, Waterford Co-op,Kilmeadan, Co.Waterford, 051
    384106, www.countrylife.ie

Pat Byrne, Byrne Gas & Elec, 52 The Glen Waterford City, 051 855593

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DE DEISE

Flogas bought Portagas back in the 80s so there's a chance you bought your cylinder from one of these flogas stockists

Glanbia Agribusiness, Dungarvan, Co.Waterford, 058 44444

M J Currans, 33 & 34 Grattan Square, Dungarvan,Co.Waterford, 058 41022

Liam Walsh, Glanbia Agribusiness, Waterford Co-op,Kilmeadan, Co.Waterford, 051
    384106, www.countrylife.ie

Pat Byrne, Byrne Gas & Elec, 52 The Glen Waterford City, 051 855593

Most places will take back cylinders even if it is of a different brand to their stocks , they all just get re painted and branded anyway by Calor etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

DE DEISE wrote: »
    Most places will take back cylinders even if it is of a different brand to their stocks , they all just get re painted and branded anyway by Calor etc...

There's a different regulator goes on calor cylinders to flogas ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

I have three yellow calor gaz cylinders Ive accumulated over the years which I think I paid 60 euro each for (30 euro "deposit" for cylinder initially and 30 for gas). PM me if you want an empty on one at half price of 15euro which you can then exchange for a full one anywhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have three yellow calor gaz cylinders Ive accumulated over the years which I think I paid 60 euro each for (30 euro "deposit" for cylinder initially and 30 for gas). PM me if you want an empty on one at half price of 15euro which you can then exchange for a full one anywhere....

You do realise that if you take your cylinders back to one of the suppliers you can get your deposit back...

• Advertisement

You would think that but I went back to where I got them a year or so ago and they said I had to go back to flo-gas directly who are based in galway or something stupid like that

I had a couple of calor gas (yellow) cylinders - one got credited when I got the big cylinders, the other is waiting for me to get round to returning it, but they have said it will be credited.

Looksee where are you planning on returning it too? I might try and do the same

Edit: I just called calor and they said that what you pay initially is a service charge and not a deposit so there is no return money due if you have empties around the place, essentially you don't have an empty your going to be stung with the 30 Euro service/deposit. They directed me here

http://www.calorgas.ie/help/topic/cylinders/

Apologies and correction, I was wrong about the cylinder - I found out when I went to return it today.

Advertisement