Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LANAIBLO - hairdryer

Options
  • 21-11-2016 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Just wondering has anyone bought or used the LANAIBLO hairdryer? Theres no actual reviews on their website, just a few bloggers saying they are amazing. I need a new hairdryer, but the lack of real reviews on this are making me suspicious. Don't want to buy into the hype and be left with something a normal hairdryer could achieve.

thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

Hey. I am the same. Have seen the blogger reviews but haven't been able to find anything else. I could really do with a new hairdryer and quicker drier timing... Anyone heard anything or can recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Michelle_b wrote:
    Hey. I am the same. Have seen the blogger reviews but haven't been able to find anything else. I could really do with a new hairdryer and quicker drier timing... Anyone heard anything or can recommend

Parlux or diva are top brands but would be on the higher end of the scale. Diva are a bit cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

Parlux or diva are top brands but would be on the higher end of the scale. Diva are a bit cheaper

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am hoping to buy this week. Have seen that there is few Parlux and ones with ionic. Which would you recommend. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Just wondering has anyone bought or used the LANAIBLO hairdryer? Theres no actual reviews on their website, just a few bloggers saying they are amazing. I need a new hairdryer, but the lack of real reviews on this are making me suspicious. Don't want to buy into the hype and be left with something a normal hairdryer could achieve.

thank you!

I got one of the Lanaiblo for Christmas and like that was a bit dubious coz all I could find were bloggers reviews and they were sent the dryer. Ive used mine and have to say I do see a bit of a difference - was previously using an eti turbo stratus from peter mark. It is lighter in the hand and a bit easier to hold as its a bit smaller than my previous one. My hair also did feel smoother, still a few flyaways on top but thats down to my lack of skills I would say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cj2007

I've recently received mine. I'm not sure if mine is faulty but on the hot heat it's way too hot to use on my head. I've used professional hairdryers for the last few years but haven't experienced this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 emzers

cj2007 wrote: »
    I've recently received mine. I'm not sure if mine is faulty but on the hot heat it's way too hot to use on my head. I've used professional hairdryers for the last few years but haven't experienced this.[/quote

I recently purchased the Lanaiblo and finding it's cold on the lowest setting which it is meant to be but then far too hot on the next 2 settings. Did you send yours back? Did you find it was the same as mine?

I had got onto their customer care as there was definitely something wrong with mine it was burning my scalp. I was told to keep using it that as it's a professional hair dryer it's very hot etc and I wasn't used to it. I explained that I've used professional hair dryers for years so well used to heat. I did try it a few more times and still had same issue, contacted customer care email again about 3 times and never got a reply so I gave up and never used it again. Worst customer service.
    emzers wrote: »
    cj2007 wrote: »
    I've recently received mine. I'm not sure if mine is faulty but on the hot heat it's way too hot to use on my head. I've used professional hairdryers for the last few years but haven't experienced this.[/quote

I recently purchased the Lanaiblo and finding it's cold on the lowest setting which it is meant to be but then far too hot on the next 2 settings. Did you send yours back? Did you find it was the same as mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

I feel the same with the Dyson hairdryer. My hair takes ages to dry so would probably spend the hefty pricetag to save hours a week if I believed it worked as good as it meant to but all the reviews I'm finding are from bloggers who have been given product for free so can't be trusted in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aoibh874

I've used the Dyson, the Lanaiblo & the GHD Air Dryer.. hands down the GHD every time. The Dyson was the worst - my hair was frizzier than if I was using my old cheap dryer! The GHD is around €110, definitely worth every penny

Totally agree. I've gone back to my paralux after the laniblo and would have no problem parting with the cash for the dyson if it actually saved me some time as it takes up to 30 mins to dry my hair but I can't find any reviews that haven't been paid for/ bloggers sent it for free.
    lubie76 wrote: »
    I feel the same with the Dyson hairdryer. My hair takes ages to dry so would probably spend the hefty pricetag to save hours a week if I believed it worked as good as it meant to but all the reviews I'm finding are from bloggers who have been given product for free so can't be trusted in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement