Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOSE SountTrue II €99 in currys/pc world

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Already have 2 solid pairs of cans..

.. but damn, I'm tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

Tempted as well. Want a pair of wireless ones though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I need to buy a set of headphones, ideally Bluetooth. I'd love the quiet comfort 35 but can't afford it.

I was looking at these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-ZX770BN-Wireless-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00U5WUOMM/ref=sr_1_51?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1479757370&sr=8-51&keywords=headphone

Plus 20% off at the moment so a really great price.

Anyone any ideas how they compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

crazyderk wrote:
    I need to buy a set of headphones, ideally Bluetooth is love the quiet comfort 35 but can't afford it.

I've the jabra move, they are on the amazon warehouse reduced to £44 in very good condition, probably just opened. Great sound and battery lasts ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Whipping Boy

sweetie wrote: »
    I've the jabra move, they are on the amazon warehouse reduced to £44 in very good condition, probably just opened. Great sound and battery lasts ages.

Tempted by these. Do they stack up versus these Bose?

• Advertisement

Hmmm has a mic? How would they rate as a gaming headset on the side vs something from Turtle Beach at a similar price point I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I only bought a set of momentums in the summer and have a set of of HD 25 IIs :(

Daycent price for these

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Doodah7

crazyderk wrote: »
    I need to buy a set of headphones, ideally Bluetooth. I'd love the quiet comfort 35 but can't afford it.

I was looking at these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-ZX770BN-Wireless-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00U5WUOMM/ref=sr_1_51?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1479757370&sr=8-51&keywords=headphone

Plus 20% off at the moment so a really great price.

Anyone any ideas how they compare?

I have these and they are fine. Not world beaters, not the worst, just fine. Sound is fine for my ears but I generally use them for video/spoken word and not really for music. They can pair with up to five devices, never seems to forget any and have a great range. I can be listening to something downstairs, go upstairs without the device and continue listening with no bother. I got them for around this price last year from Amazon. Sony have the manual online so you can see what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I notice there is two different pairs, one for android and one for iphone/apple. I presume these are just the in-line volume controls etc built in is it, for example an apple sets in built microphone / volume control mightn't work on an android device, you may have to use volume control on device? Physically they will work on anything with the correct size jack? Would these be "noise cancelling" at all even though it's not a built in feature, basically would they be decent headphones for travelling, if I didn't want full noise cancellation but just be able to hear what I am watching / listening to properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

JIdontknow wrote: »
    I notice there is two different pairs, one for android and one for iphone/apple. I presume these are just the in-line volume controls etc built in is it, for example an apple sets in built microphone / volume control mightn't work on an android device, you may have to use volume control on device? Physically they will work on anything with the correct size jack? Would these be "noise cancelling" at all even though it's not a built in feature, basically would they be decent headphones for travelling, if I didn't want full noise cancellation but just be able to hear what I am watching / listening to properly?

Did you read the review posted in the OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

lol, I did now. I had glanced over it but was wondering if people who had these had other feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,089 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Couple of n00b questions :o

1. My AV Receiver (Pioneer VSX-930) has Bluetooth built-in. It can play music from a Bluetooth source (i.e. a phone). Can it also output Bluetooth to these headphones? Or are these headphones just meant for use with at phone?

2. Would these be better headphones than my trusted Sennheiser HD580 Precision?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

unkel wrote: »
    Couple of n00b questions :o

1. My AV Receiver (Pioneer VSX-930) has Bluetooth built-in. It can play music from a Bluetooth source (i.e. a phone). Can it also output Bluetooth to these headphones? Or are these headphones just meant for use with at phone?

2. Would these be better headphones than my trusted Sennheiser HD580 Precision?

1. No. They're not wireless or bluetooth so have to be plugged into something.

2. Haven't used the HD850 so can't say.

I have the previous Bose Soundtrue model (think I bought them for about £130 on Amazon at the time) and they're by far the most comfortable headphones I've tried/owned - actually they're the only ones I use because they don't hurt my ears after prolonged use (they sound good too of course). If I didn't own them I'd get the Soundtrue II at the above price. My 2c anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Anyone get a pair of these?

Is the reserve and collect accurate for currys/pcworld? Its saing Tralee store is the only one with stock. Or is it best to have a look for them instore? Would love to pick up a pair in Dublin.

Advertisement