Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast £15 + Parcel Motel/Wizard (Currys UK)

Options
  • 21-11-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

LINK

I had trouble as it wouldn't accept Paypal or my Irish VISA, but Revolut card worked fine if you have one of them. I used my own address as billing with a made up post code and left country as UK.

Dunno, might be better deals over Black Friday etc, but seemed like a good deal to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,227 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This is the chromecast audio, just so you are aware. You can't play video on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Video Chromecast is £20

Still pretty good value as it is 39.99 in usual retailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

£20 is a very good deal. But as it wont work with my visa/paypal/parcelmotel it's no good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I tried ordering from them via Parcel Motel but the Curry's courier (DPD) ended up sending the item back to the UK as they required my signature at point of delivery, ie. Parcel Motel up north - in fairness Curry's refunded fairly quickly without any contact from me.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

pm1977x wrote: »
    I tried ordering from them via Parcel Motel but the Curry's courier (DPD) ended up sending the item back to the UK as they required my signature at point of delivery, ie. Parcel Motel up north - in fairness Curry's refunded fairly quickly without any contact from me.

Might work with DPD Parcel Wizard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

Winterlong wrote: »
    20 is a very good deal. But as it wont work with my visa/paypal/parcelmotel it's no good to me.
    Just ordered one on Maplin. 20 (video version) and accepted irish card. Delivered to my folks up north.

Quackster wrote: »
    Might work with DPD Parcel Wizard?

Might be a better bet, I emailed DPD at the time to ask would Parcel Wizard work but they never replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Just reserved one in Maplin Cork for €29.95. 85 left in stock. Payable in store. Been keeping an eye on Curry's price but €29.95 is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

mac_daddy wrote: »
    Just ordered one on Maplin. 20 (video version) and accepted irish card. Delivered to my folks up north.

Yeah, maplin ireland have them for €29.99 click and collect.

http://www.maplin.ie/p/google-chromecast-a11uj

Might just go for that.
    Less hassle and only a couple of euro more expensive than Stg£20 + PM costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Oat23 wrote: »
    This is the chromecast audio, just so you are aware. You can't play video on this one.
    Oops, thanks, missed that! Just cancelled and re-ordered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

pm1977x wrote: »
    I tried ordering from them via Parcel Motel but the Curry's courier (DPD) ended up sending the item back to the UK as they required my signature at point of delivery, ie. Parcel Motel up north

They do signatures!

Someone over there in Antrim signed for my parcel last Friday morning at 6AM :D

I could see the signature when I tracked the part on the website of the British Royal Mail :cool:

Here it is

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

OP said 'my signature' maybe they are insisting on the purchasers signature as opposed to just signed for?

NATLOR wrote: »
    OP said 'my signature' maybe they are insisting on the purchasers signature as opposed to just signed for?

Can't remember beyond the signature issue being the reason it was sent back.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

For anyone interested in buying this, I also tried buying off the Curry's link in the OP and couldn't get it to accept Paypal or my Irish credit card.

Then I had a look at Currys shop on eBay. It has the same offer and there was no problem buying it using Addresspal and Paypal. (Note it will not ship outside the UK). Here's the link I used:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOOGLE-Chromecast-Audio-Streamer-Built-in-WiFi-/131826864329?hash=item1eb17e50c9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Did anybody try Revolut? I hate using eBay, got hacked a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

Yes, read the OP g0g who used Revolut.
    Never had a problem with eBay myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Sorry, missed that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bonidel

For future reference Tesco Direct UK will deliver using Parcel motel as I have purchased the Audio version and had it delivered recently - (they seem to out of the Audio version right now). Also I just purchased the Chrome cast video version for £20 + £3 delivery, I know this may not be cheaper than Currys (who don't deliver to Parcel Motel anyway) or other places but I'm happy to get it for a reasonable price. There may be cheaper option out there, I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thanks just ordered via eBay & Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Picked up the video version in Currys PC World today for €29.95. They price matched Maplins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

My 3 audio chromcasts arrived in Belfast today from Curry's via Royal mail. Due for delivery tomorrow to parcel wizard. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Sh1te. Gone from eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

givecredit wrote: »
    My 3 audio chromcasts arrived in Belfast today from Curry's via Royal mail. Due for delivery tomorrow to parcel wizard. Fingers crossed.

Delivered to parcel wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

ROVER wrote: »
    Picked up the video version in Currys PC World today for €29.95. They price matched Maplins.

Picked up the same from Harvey Norman, they also price matched maplin when I asked (just a heads up they were saying they're not price matching Argos unless you can prove that Argos have the particular product in stock)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Both Audio and regular Chromecast second edition are 21€ in Dixons Dublin Airport (although didn't spot any audio in stock)

Advertisement