Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue Colour LED Bulb B22 Cap £29.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I bought the GU10 starter kit and the lightstrip on Friday but do I really need this as well?
    dammit it's only Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

How many bulbs one control unit support? can I have it control multiple rooms, I have ordered B22 started kit, wondering if I can get more bulbs for couple of more rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Denisoftus wrote: »
    How many bulbs one control unit support? can I have it control multiple rooms, I have ordered B22 started kit, wondering if I can get more bulbs for couple of more rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Each hub can control 50 bulbs. Yes it can control multiple rooms and yes you can buy more bulbs.

The above deal is incredibly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Will the Nest control hub work with these or do I also need a Hue control hub?

• Advertisement

Cheers, ordered, as usual working a little more expensive, £30.74/e, still great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

donegal. wrote: »

They are not B22, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

They are not B22, mind you.

Adapters can be bought for a couple of euro.

Adapters can be bought for a couple of euro.

True, if they fit your appliance. Even better deal if adapters considered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Will the Nest control hub work with these or do I also need a Hue control hub?

No, you will need the Hue hub too. However they can integrate at a higher level in the cloud, for instance if a Nest Protect detects a fire, turn on all Hue lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

One thing to watch out for with that set is that they appear to be the old model of the colour bulb. The newer model is called Richer Colours. An example set :

https://www.amazon.de/Philips-inklusive-app-gesteuert-Standard-Verpackung/dp/B01LZ8QYPI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1479733994&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=hue+richer

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

So you need to purchase the hub also to use this ? (sorry if stupid q ,havent read up on them much previously)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ash_

I think they are the old version bulbs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Rooy wrote: »
    So you need to purchase the hub also to use this ? (sorry if stupid q ,havent read up on them much previously)

Yes, you need a hub, better off trying to find a discounted starter pack if you don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I got the richer colour lamp today and just waiting on the hub and other lamps included in start up set. The single lamp had gone up in price when I got it but still a good price.

Here a pic.

Advertisement