Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Recommendations

Options
  • 20-11-2016 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a laptop for my brother. It has be be from Argos as I'm buying it with LoveToShop vouchers. He will be using it for Browsing, Netflix, Youtube, Downloading. Running software like word ect.

I'm looking at the following two

Acer

Lenovo.

For as much as I know about IT, hardware isn't my strength

I'm thinking at least an i5, and 8gb of ram. He doesn't use cloud, so will need a good bit of storage loccally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

i personally hate acer, the worst computer I have ever own was acer and customer support is shockingly bad. They look good on paper but are very bad in real life.
    The lenovo looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

i personally hate acer, the worst computer I have ever own was acer and customer support is shockingly bad. They look good on paper but are very bad in real life.

I've had an Acer Aspire for the last 4 years and I couldn't say a bad word about it. They're generally of a solid build quality but as with all electronics, some can have their problems.

Both laptops seem slightly expensive if you're just going to be using the laptop for light use. I'd say you could probably drop down to 4gb memory and an i3 (or equivalent), if the laptop is mainly going to be used for streaming and browsing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

I bought a packard bell laptop in argos about year and half ago. Excellent laptop around 330 euro. Never had a problem with it.

Advertisement