Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head tattoo

Options
  • 20-11-2016 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows an artist in Ireland that has experience doing a head tattoo.
    It will be on the back half going down the back of the neck. Dotwork or geometric design in black and grey.
    Asking on behalf of a friend (female)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Just wondering if anyone knows an artist in Ireland that has experience doing a head tattoo.
    It will be on the back half going down the back of the neck. Dotwork or geometric design in black and grey.
    Asking on behalf of a friend (female)
    Thanks

Your friend obviously being heavily tattooed herself should know some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

???
    She is from Austria, now living in Ireland.
    I have 60+ hrs in a tattoo studio, none in Ireland so not sure what your point is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

???
    She is from Austria, now living in Ireland.
    I have 60+ hrs in a tattoo studio, none in Ireland so not sure what your point is.
    I'm gonna be pedantic and ask what your 60+ hours have to do with your 'friends' tattoo?

TBH, I have no problem with you getting one if you want one, but would encourage that allot of thought go into how it fits you and your lifestyle...

Going somewhat off topic: I have a supplier who has a tattoo on the back of his head, wears a really sharp suit and a Rolex... He carriers it off very well, no one has ever questioned how he appears. On the other hand I often see a guy in the pub who has a pair of eyes tattoo'ed on the back of his head... If I did employ him I would fire him straight away... he shouldn't be allowed to make any decisions ever... He looks like a fool.

What also winds me up is people on the dole who have excessive ****ty tattoo's and then complain they can't get a job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Jesus christ not a head tattoo... you'd be hard pressed to find an artist actually happy to do it unless they're a cowboy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Mark in Spilled Ink has done some similar work in recent times:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMgc1UbjKOV

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK6WomXjt2G

Edups2.0 wrote: »
    Jesus christ not a head tattoo... you'd be hard pressed to find an artist actually happy to do it unless they're a cowboy.

Why is that, exactly? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Pretty much any tattoo artist I've worked with will do the head, some maybe not the face but I would not see an issue. Not sure why the dole has been mentioned!

Its gonna hurt, a lot. I've mine designed and still put it off and get something else done. I've got a session booked in with Andres in ART Ancient Rituals Tattoo in Killarney for symmetric dot work, but doing the arm, kind feel the lack of outline will kinda help with the pain part so its a test run for the head which I'd kinda be doing the same thing on. He done some Trash Polka/Dot work on a friend and it turned out very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Wagner in Dublin Ink has done something recently enough that sounds the exact same as what you are describing. Check out his instagram, can't link because I'm in work. His name is Wagnerbasei.

Not sure why the dole has been mentioned!

It was related to my statement:
    allot of thought go into how it fits you and your lifestyle...

As well as another commenters previous statements. I don't believe it's worthwhile saying 'Head Tattoos... Ewe'... so I added context... hence discussion forum...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I'm gonna be pedantic and ask what your 60+ hours have to do with your 'friends' tattoo?

TBH, I have no problem with you getting one if you want one, but would encourage that allot of thought go into how it fits you and your lifestyle...

Going somewhat off topic: I have a supplier who has a tattoo on the back of his head, wears a really sharp suit and a Rolex... He carriers it off very well, no one has ever questioned how he appears. On the other hand I often see a guy in the pub who has a pair of eyes tattoo'ed on the back of his head... If I did employ him I would fire him straight away... he shouldn't be allowed to make any decisions ever... He looks like a fool.

What also winds me up is people on the dole who have excessive ****ty tattoo's and then complain they can't get a job

I had to laugh at your last paragraph .... 'what also winds me up is ...'
    You need to calm down, this is only an internet forum.
    She is an adult well into her 30's and believe me we both work at a high level in a tough industry, not that its any of your business.
    I don't know how many hours she has spent getting tattoo'd as I did not think it was relevent to ask her, suffice to say she has enough to know her own mind. I only mentioned my hours because of the odd post by Raze.
    I honestly could not care less what you think :)

jenizzle wrote: »
    Mark in Spilled Ink has done some similar work in recent times:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMgc1UbjKOV

" rel="nofollow">https://www.instagram.com/p/BK6WomXjt2G[/url

Why is that, exactly? :confused:

Cheers Jenizzle, exactly the kind of thing she is looking for :)

• Advertisement

Pretty much any tattoo artist I've worked with will do the head, some maybe not the face but I would not see an issue. Not sure why the dole has been mentioned!

Its gonna hurt, a lot. I've mine designed and still put it off and get something else done. I've got a session booked in with Andres in ART Ancient Rituals Tattoo in Killarney for symmetric dot work, but doing the arm, kind feel the lack of outline will kinda help with the pain part so its a test run for the head which I'd kinda be doing the same thing on. He done some Trash Polka/Dot work on a friend and it turned out very well.

Cheers for the reply, its just that its an unusual place and she wants someone with experience of that area.

I honestly could not care less what you think :)
    lol. I don't want to take this off topic, but you started a discussion on a public discussion forum... just because people don't respond how you want, doesn't mean they can't comment... Isn't this what discussion is all about... Best of luck with your friends head tattoo...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    lol. I don't want to take this off topic, but you started a discussion on a public discussion forum... just because people don't respond how you want, doesn't mean they can't comment... Isn't this what discussion is all about... Best of luck with your friends head tattoo...

You can comment away, no problem at all. I was just pointing out I found the 'another thing that winds me up' comment funny.

I was not asking for an opinion on what anyone though just a recommendation for an artist.

However you are fully entitled to give your unasked for opinion as am I to tell you I don't care about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Keep this free from judgemental nonsense please folks. No-one here likes being judged based on having tattoos, so don't judge others looking for tattoos.

Advertisement