Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think I've bricked my Ariva 153

Options
  • 20-11-2016 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi

Have a Ferguson Ariva 153 and it was a few months since I've had a satellite feed into it.
    Got the satellite fixed yesterday and I downloaded new firmware from the Ferguson site to see if it would fix the sound sync problem mainly.

The box found the software on the USB stick and started the upgrade but warned me beforehand that some number didn't match up - didn't quite catch it - I hit the button too fast.
    [Edit - bin file mismatch]

Everything looked normal but after a few minutes it seemed to lock. A dim 'BY USB' appeared on the display. I left it overnight but no change.
    I've just turned it off and on again and there's no response from anything.
    Have I bricked it and if so is there anything I can do?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

The old arivas (120 &150) could be fixed with a rescue image and null modem cable. Look it up you might find something.

Advertisement