Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build repair help

Options
  • 20-11-2016 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi there,

I’m looking for some recommendations on where to bring my self assembled computer to be repaired in the Dublin or Kildare region.

It was my first build, for music recording and mixing, and completed about 4 years ago. I think the motherboard or power unit has failed as it won’t turn on at all, but I am busy with college at the minute and would be happy to just leave it in somewhere for someone else to figure out and fix. I have called a number of computer repair places after googling but they have said they won’t look at a self assembled computer.

Any advice or suggestions on repair services that might be willing to have a look would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Do the paperclip test to check the PSU anyways, takes like 5 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have called a number of computer repair places after googling but they have said they won’t look at a self assembled computer.

:confused:

Really? Seems to be a fairly straight forward problem, I'd be shocked if you were turned away.

Likely to be either PSU or board, either way, an easily fixed problem. Bizarre that established companies would refuse to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Most likely psu, certainly first port of call with an apparently dead pc. If it were me I'd swap out psu and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

Thanks for the tips, I will try the paperclip test and swapping out the PSU with my brothers build over the weekend.

Advertisement