Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuition Fees - Am i f*ucked?

Options
  • 20-11-2016 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Did the leaving cert, then went on to do a 4 year level 7 course IT which i dropped at the end of year 1 failed and done some repeats but overall passed the year, but this year changed a completely different course which is nursing fetac level 5 and now hoping to go on to do a a 4 year nursing college in ireland or if not uk (scotland).

If i get the chance to do it in ucc will i have to pay tuition fees? Won't then i have to pay like 5 grand along with the 3,020 student contribution?
    I got absolutely nothing with susi in my course last year which means not a hope will i get it in the future.

Will i just have to move to scotland to avoid paying any college fees altogether?
    For the course which i didn't like i dropped out at the end of year 1 and I paid the 3 grand and my other friends got the grant which made me miserable as i actually contributed a good bit along with my parents to pay it off!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

My sister did business in college and finished it then decided that she wanted to do nursing, when she looked into it she found out she could do it in Sligo for about 5k a year or go up to Derry and get paid a grant to do it! Be worth checking out the north, be a bit closer than Scotland :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EntryDenied12

mcgiggles wrote: »
    My sister did business in college and finished it then decided that she wanted to do nursing, when she looked into it she found out she could do it in Sligo for about 5k a year or go up to Derry and get paid a grant to do it! Be worth checking out the north, be a bit closer than Scotland :-)

That is true thanks for the reply.

i'm fecked anyway would she have had to pay the tuition fee for the 4 full years if she done it in ireland? since she graduated whereas i had just one year and dropped out?
    What you mean by get paid a grant to do it, is that the same thing as susi?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you drop out after year 1 then its only 1st year you would have to pay full fees for.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement