Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

s7 not charging

Options
  • 19-11-2016 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

HI guys. I have a S7 about 3 months. Last week it suddenly wouldnt charge. I tried a different charger and all the usual fixes. It will however charge if I use a wireless charger.
    I went into meteor and they told me that it looks like a damaged charging port , take a few weeks to fix, I wouldnt get a replacement phone and that I would probally be charged for the repair? I was astonished at this as I have had a samsung with Meteor from the S1 up and never had a hardware issue. Is this the normal practice? I appreciate any help on this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Micro USB is rated for 500 inserts. You shouldnt have hit that in 3 months. Get them to send it off for repair and if they try and charge you you'll need to be insistent.

On older S series the part would cost them €100+, on an S7 its cheap as chips, just a bit of labour.

The no phone is just tough unfortunately, they dont have to give you a spare. Borrow a mates old phone in the interim if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 2fifthscommish

Thanks very much for the advice!

Advertisement