Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S5 - cannot hear the caller

Options
  • 19-11-2016 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I have a samsung S5 and now there is an issue when making or receiving a call. I cannot hear the other person. They can hear me.

When making a call I do not hear the outbound dialtone.
    When receiving a call, my phone does ring but still cannot hear the caller.
    Same issue when using another app to make a call, such as WhatsApp.
    If I make or receive a call and put it on speaker phone, I can hear the other person ok.
    I do not have a bluetooth headset to check with.
    All sound settings seem to be ok.

Any ideas if a setting or potential hardware issue :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Had an issue exactly the same on my old S5, had to send it back for repair under warranty, only had the phone a few months, turned out to be the earpiece, it needed replacing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

Earpiece is broken. If you're on contract and due an upgrade soon to save money you could just buy a pair of headphones with an in-line mic and work away. I had an iPhone 5s that had a similar problem with the microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

unfortunately it sounds you may be right. Thanks

Advertisement