Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongar

Options
  • 19-11-2016 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Anyone know the story behind the boarded up houses (13 and 14) in Annaly Drive? I notice a lot of rubbish is being left around them and seems to be a few cars just abandoned and left to rot basically. I just moved into the area and it's not great to see this. Is there a residents commitee that keeps on top of these things??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Contact the Management Company - smith property management www.spm.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Didn't want to create a new thread so thought I'd post an update in this one. Received a flyer through the letterbox from one of the local councillors saying the process of handing the common/public/green areas/roads etc of Ongar to Fingal County Council have begun. Council staff have started assessments of the water/sewer system etc

That is good to see that our taxes are actually now going to be used on our locality rather than having to pay extra for the same services through higher management fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

ongarboy wrote: »
    Didn't want to create a new thread so thought I'd post an update in this one. Received a flyer through the letterbox from one of the local councillors saying the process of handing the common/public/green areas/roads etc of Ongar to Fingal County Council have begun. Council staff have started assessments of the water/sewer system etc

That is good to see that our taxes are actually now going to be used on our locality rather than having to pay extra for the same services through higher management fees.

That's good and it will take time for fingal to take charge.
    I always wondered how the place was let to be run down so much, rubbish, grime, faded and chipped paint, bad parking is normal, manly the village are, but there is some apartments in a really, really bad state, I'm assuming because these are rented.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

The council won't sort out badly kept apartments. They badly need to be painted. Wonder has there ever been a service charge scheme set up around the place. There are old clamping signs which would lead me to think that the management company started off with good intentions but then gradually just stopped caring. Anyone living in the area confirm this theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

ongarboy wrote: »

Doesn't seem like this happened. Still in hands of "management" and still a kip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

sm3ar wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like this happened. Still in hands of "management" and still a kip.

The Taking in Charge process for Ongar is quite complex.
    It basically means that the Residents take the Management Company in change and appoint a Management Company Agent.
    Fingal are not involved except when it come to the maintenance of Roads, Public Parks and Public Lighting.
    Your Management Company of which each and every home owner is a shareholder, must hold a AGM each and every year. It is at meeting’s such as this that updates can be given.
    Always remember the Management Company Agents in this case Smith Property Management is not, I repeat not the “Management Co.” they are simply the Agent to carry out the day to day business of the Management of your area and are appointed by the Management Company on a 3 to possibly 5 year contract. This usually happens by vote at the AGM. Remember that each and every home owner have a vote at the AGM.
    Unfortunately, some Agents are happy to portray themselves as the “Management Company” and they get away with this as a results of the misunderstanding that most home owner’s presume that the Agent is actually the Management Co and tend not to question how they (the Agents) go about their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Firing Smith's was the best thing my development ever did. Amazing the difference a decent management agent makes

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gio2

Caranica wrote: »
    Firing Smith's was the best thing my development ever did. Amazing the difference a decent management agent makes

Do you mind me asking who you use now. We fired smiths and the crowd we have now are terrible, make smiths look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Caranica wrote: »

I presume the Home Owners in your Development have taken control of the Management Company?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I presume the Home Owners in your Development have taken control of the Management Company?

Yes, pre recession. We were lucky that our developer was fairly decent and that all the units sold quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JOC20

Hi, old post I know, but anyone know who is the management company now looking after Ongar Green ?? I have been trying to get a copy of the management fees for this year and cant get through to anyone - Last one was CORE who now say McFar are in charge but no response from them ??

Thanks J.

Advertisement