Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tethering works fine with Three SIM but not Vodafone?

Options
  • 18-11-2016 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

My dual SIM Moto G4 Plus has my personal Vodafone SIM and my work Three SIM. When I use the Vodafone SIM for mobile data I have no issue browsing, but when I use it for the hotspot, although my computer can connect to it, and the default gateway responds to ping, I am not able to ping out to Goolgle or 8.8.8.8. It works fine if I set it to use the Three SIM. Android 6.0.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

What APN are you using with the Vodafone SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭runswithascript

A-Trak wrote: »
    What APN are you using with the Vodafone SIM?

I saw that mentioned when I Google searched, the APN is live.vodafone.ie, I tried to change to hs.vodafone.ie just in case, but whenever I went back into the menu it had reverted back to live.vodafone.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is tethering enabled on your Vodafone account?

ED E wrote: »
    Is tethering enabled on your Vodafone account?

I am not aware that was something required, as I had been able to tether before a few months ago on a different handset, without setting that up.

Can you please tell me how to configure this, or check same?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Check with Vodafone. From memory, its automatic to all PAYG customers but is an addon for billpay. I may be out of date on that though.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Check with Vodafone. From memory, its automatic to all PAYG customers but is an addon for billpay. I may be out of date on that though.

Ah thanks, but I am on PAYG - the student offer I got a few years ago is too good to give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

dusf wrote: »
    I saw that mentioned when I Google searched, the APN is live.vodafone.ie, I tried to change to hs.vodafone.ie just in case, but whenever I went back into the menu it had reverted back to live.vodafone.ie.

Are you saving the changes before exiting? Save is in the menu button when you are editing an APN.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Are you saving the changes before exiting? Save is in the menu button when you are editing an APN.

Thanks, when I press the three dot menu button there is no option to save.

Should it actually be set to hs.vodafone.ie, or is live.vodafone.ie correct?

Advertisement