Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer to help with Land registry map problems

Options
  • 18-11-2016 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi, we are selling house and some problems have occured between old land registry map and new digitalised map

My solicitor was dealing with it, or so i thought, and all of a sudden he doesnt work for solicitors company anymore, and its a royal pain having to explain everything to new solicitor

Solicitor that has replaced him said to get an engineer, not even sure what kind of engineer i need

Can anyone recommend an engineer in dublin/north county dublin/louth, they used to sort out land registry problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

It's a common enough problem. A civil engineer is what you're looking for although some other professions may do it too.

I don't know anyone in that area. If you ring around and ask do they do land transfer maps then give a brief run down of the problem you're having with the digitised map you'll get a good a good idea from their responses over the phone if they know what they're doing. Basically if they understand the problem and pick it up quickly they'll probably be able to do the necessary maps to fix it.

Of course you will still be dependant on your solicitor to do the right things with the maps produced!

Advertisement