Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan conversion VRT from 9 seater

Options
  • 18-11-2016 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I'm thinking of converting a panel van into camper. From revenue website I know, I'll have to pay VRT of 13.3% from the campervan market value (how much would dealer sell it for), which you can never know how much it will be.

However, when looking for some suitable van for conversion on DD, I've seen also ads of 9 seaters or minibuses, where the seller claims you don't pay VRT on this type of conversion.

I searched anywhere on irish web to find something confirming this, but with no result. Is there someone who did this type of conversion and really paid no VRT on that? Or at least someone who could confirm this?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If it was registered as a CR so 33% vrt paid then I think that is true, but if it was registered as commercial bus then you will have to pay VRT. Ring the office in Roslare and find out

Advertisement