Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jameson 700ml - Eurospar €20

Options
  • 17-11-2016 8:59pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The other half buys her nanny a bottle of this every Christmas.
    This the cheapest I've seen it for a while.

Bought in Eurospar Meakstown.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭893bet

Any one know if this is nation wide?

20 is cheapest it ever is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Tesco has it currently for €24 with two ( albeit fairly ugly, impractical ) glasses! Not Aa good as 20 quid but best for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Yes it's nationwide, received a text yesterday advertising it, also 20 bottles of selected beers for €12!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

kceire wrote: »
    The other half buys her nanny a bottle of this every Christmas.
    This the cheapest I've seen it for a while.

Bought in Eurospar Meakstown.

thanks, that's a v. good deal.

I'm gonna assume that your other half's nanny is her grandmother.

Because if her nanny is a children's nanny, then there'd be a whole heap of trouble...for the nanny, her and you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ablelocks wrote: »
    thanks, that's a v. good deal.

I'm gonna assume that your other half's nanny is her grandmother.

Because if her nanny is a children's nanny, then there'd be a whole heap of trouble...for the nanny, her and you!

No American terms her, my nanny is my fathers mother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Is eurospar 'spar'? Or do we just have no eurospar up this way? Ive never heard of eurospar

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Is eurospar 'spar'? Or do we just have no eurospar up this way? Ive never heard of eurospar

It's the larger supermarket variant of Spar that competes with SuperValu et al. There are relatively few around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Patww79 wrote: »
    That's very good. I picked up two today I'm Asda for £18 each but I'd say all-in that was more than the €20.

Bought 2 x 350ml bottles for 16 pounds in asda yesterday so cheaper again. Always look at price per litre to see if its cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

A cash injection for both Eurospar and Jameson.

• Advertisement

physioman wrote: »
    Bought 2 x 350ml bottles for 16 pounds in asda yesterday so cheaper again. Always look at price per litre to see if its cheaper

Great if your up there but to save 46c, best to buy local.

(Based on today's exchange rate plus the 2.65% that my credit card charges for the foreign transaction).
    Although, £16 is €18.50 with No.1 Currency so if you are going up anyway and have the sterling in hand it's deffo cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

893bet wrote: »
    Any one know if this is nation wide?

20 is cheapest it ever is.

Admin keep changing the names of threads or doing something to them so they do not appear in google, but you can sometimes see the cache. I can see they were €18 in eurospar in 2014. €20 is probably the best you will get these days though.

It is handy to predict what the shops will do, and also stock levels. Baileys is €12 for 700ml in tesco but usually will drop as low as €10, but is likely sold out when it hits that

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

never seen 20 Miller so cheap

Quackster wrote: »
    It's the larger supermarket variant of Spar that competes with SuperValu et al. There are relatively few around the country.

Shame Spar don't follow suit. Jameson is 35.99 in my Spar. Nearly double Eurospar.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shame Spar don't follow suit. Jameson is 35.99 in my Spar. Nearly double Eurospar.

Normal Spars are convenience stores with higher costs. Its not out of the question but it'd be a huge loss leader and its not like there's much else to buy in them if you're attracted in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

it's going to be terrible if they ever manage to get the minimum alcohol pricing in :(

L1011 wrote: »
    Normal Spars are convenience stores with higher prices. Its not out of the question but it'd be a huge loss leader and its not like there's much else to buy in them if you're attracted in.
    FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

they must think the goverment has got their new bill over the line

Double check with staff. when I went to the till It scanned at 33ish.
    I said its on sale for 20 and another staff member had to show the girl.

kceire wrote: »
    Double check with staff. when I went to the till It scanned at 33ish.
    I said its on sale for 20 and another staff member had to show the girl.

This is a regular Spar and the price remains static at 35.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

FYP.

his post did not need fixing, and is more accurate than your "fix" since you can often get great offers in spar and other convenience stores, a lot more than you would have got many years ago.

I always presumed the spirits and beer sellers sell them to the shops at greatly reduced prices on some arrangement that the saving be passed on. Beer & spirits cost very little to actually produce, the makers can afford to reduce prices hugely.

Some own brand spirits are definitely sold at a loss, as the excise and vat are more than the selling price.

rubadub wrote: »
    his post did not need fixing, and is more accurate than your "fix" since you can often get great offers in spar and other convenience stores, a lot more than you would have got many years ago.

There is no need to be like that. My fyp was a light hearted comment.

I completely understand companies have costs, but I also know that companies take advantage when they can get away with it.

My local Spar is the only shop nearby and 'knows' it is the only shop nearby and its prices reflect that. If I get on the luas and travel for ten minutes there is a Dunnes Stores, another Spar and an Off License.

As you bring up costs I used to walk down Grafton Street almost every day, and found Costcutter near the top to be great for offers. Jameson was regularly 24 in there. In my local spar, Jameson remains static at 35.99.

If it is as simple as the price reflecting the businesses costs, then I would have thought a costcutter on a busy street in Dublin 2 would have much higher rents, rates and costs than a spar in a half empty business park in Dublin 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nearest one to Cork City is Passage West, just as a heads up. I don't like Miller, but I have visitors every Xmas who love it so ill definitely be stocking up at that price.

Advertisement