Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do I dispose of a burnt out wheelie bin?

• 17-11-2016 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

My black bin was set on fire. It was full. We put the fire out and one side panel of the bin is gone. My waste company say they'll replace the bin and will take the old bin back provided it's empty and not full of half burnt rubbish. I tried to empty it but the stuff at the bottom is a burnt swill of ash, rubbish and water used to put the fire out. I can't empty it. If the waste company won't take it, how do I dispose of it (responsibly)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Bag the rubbish from the burnt bin and throw it into the new bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Put the old black bin in the green bin as it's recyclable plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Tip all the rubbish out from the burnt bin onto the ground and shovel it into the waste truck when they come.

Advertisement