Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Subject Choice

Options
  • 17-11-2016 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have been asked to choose our LC subjects but I can't pick!! I put down Biology Chemistry (really enjoyed these last year) and accounting but I'm not sure. I'm also thinking about doing geography, history, physics!but I can't decide!! I got 10 a's n the JC and am hoping to do dentistry physio or something medical! Any advice as what to pick thank you!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

First of all, check what subject requirements courses like Dentistry, Medicine and Physiotherapy have.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

Pick Chemistry anyway as you will need a H4 in Chemistry to do Dentistry in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Llbean wrote: »
    I have been asked to choose our LC subjects but I can't pick!! I put down Biology Chemistry (really enjoyed these last year) and accounting but I'm not sure. I'm also thinking about doing geography, history, physics!but I can't decide!! I got 10 a's n the JC and am hoping to do dentistry physio or something medical! Any advice as what to pick thank you!!

I'd definitely recommend Chemistry too! If you enjoyed Biology and Accounting then I'd probably recommend you go for them too. You're going to do much better in subjects you enjoy.

Generally speaking if you've two sciences subjects, a third language and your three core subjects, you'll fulfill any entry requirements, but it's important to double check that.

Advertisement