Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading/building my PC

Options
  • 17-11-2016 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there, so I actually own a desktop in my house and I was thinking about upgrading it, so I got the specs that I am using now.

Windows 7 professional 64-bit, Intel Core i3 processor 530, Intel GMA HD graphics, DVD-Super Multi drive, 320GB Hard Drive, 2GB DDR3 memory, Multi-in-One Media Card reader.

So, what the things I need to change or upgrade so I can run games with kind of strong graphics that doesn't lag, hit up the PC, or use a lot of electricity. I know that I need to use Nividia Graphic cars but I don't know which series. Please help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What kind of games do you want to play? For any new AAA you'll need a new PC to be honest, that's quite old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That socket is ancient but 1st generation i7's are still generally OK for gaming (avoid 1st gen i3 and i5, go straight for i7), I'd go for a 2nd hand i7-860 or 870 for around €50 and bump to 8GB of ram for €25.

Some of the newer cards won't work with a board that old but something like a GTX750ti for €100 new or €70-80 2nd hand will run all new games (GTA V, Battlefield 1, Black Ops 3) at pretty OK levels and the overall upgrade will put off a total new PC for another two or three years.

Advertisement