Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in waterford for foreigner

Options
  • 17-11-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi irish guys.
    I'm junho from South Korea.
    I'm gonna Ireland when next year and probably stay in waterford where i've heard there is nice and calm city. And i want to know many thing for there waterford city but i couldnt detail information about this such as find a job, public order, irish people. I'm 27 years old and male and now i'm working on the Construction management company in Korea.
    And my question is...

1) how to go there from Dublin Airport? I found some information get to there but i couldnt know where i would get off the bus station in waterford.

2) When i arrive to Waterford city, i would like to sharing house or rental house for living. And i've knew 'Daft.ie', but i dont know it is easy to find house for foreigner.

3) and if i find some ads such as "Double room" for 300 EUR, Could i use the room for only? Or share with others? Actually i dont care whatever but i want to know exactly.

4) at last, before i find my room for staying, where can i stay accommodation?

Thank you for reading this that have many wrong grammar and spell.

Sincerely

Junho Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,178 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hi Junho, first and most important question, do you have a visa? Second, have you looked at jobs in construction management in Waterford? or anywhere in Ireland. You would be better to get a job and go to where it is than hope to get a job in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭invara

Welcome, I hope you find Waterford as great as I do.

1) how to go there from Dublin Airport?

Kavanagh bus leaves directly from Dublin Airport to Waterford. It can take up to 4 hours, but it is the simplest and cheapest way. Other ways involve going through Dublin City and changing to a bus or train. www.jjkavanagh.ie/

2) When i arrive to Waterford city, i would like to sharing house or rental house for living. And i've knew 'Daft.ie', but i dont know it is easy to find house for foreigner.

I do not think being a foreigner is a problem, but you usually have to be in Waterford in person to organise a house share. You could also try student accommodation if you are studying; WIT has an accommodation office and an international office which is there to look after new International students.

3) and if i find some ads such as "Double room" for 300 EUR, Could i use the room for only? Or share with others? Actually i dont care whatever but i want to know exactly.

Double room means you have a large bed room to yourself in a shared house that shares a kitchen and sitting room; ensuite means you have your own bathroom, if it is not mentioned it means that you also share bathroom facilities.

4) at last, before i find my room for staying, where can i stay accommodation?
    Try a youth hostel ( the Portree is simple and good value... see if you can negotiate a long-stay rate if you plan on more than a few days), you could also try Riverwalk http://www.riverwalkwaterford.com/ or Manor Village http://witcampusservices.ie/accommodation/student_accommodation/student_digs_in_waterford.php ...... sometimes it is possible to stay in student accommodation even if you are not a student (usually during the summer).

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Good luck Junho, I hope it all works out for you and you enjoy your time here. Come back to this forum and let us know how you're getting on. If you've any questions along the way, someone will certainly help. I don't need to add anything to the answers given above, since the others have already given good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

invara wrote: »
    Welcome, I hope you find Waterford as great as I do.

1) how to go there from Dublin Airport?

Kavanagh bus leaves directly from Dublin Airport to Waterford. It can take up to 4 hours, but it is the simplest and cheapest way. Other ways involve going through Dublin City and changing to a bus or train. www.jjkavanagh.ie/

Just to add to this, there are about 9 daily buses each way between Dublin Airport and Waterford with Bus Eireann, with no need to change buses, none of whom are timetabled to take more than 3 hours.

Advertisement