Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power limit on bet return

Options
  • 17-11-2016 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Last night a placed a very speculative 4 fold accumulator €10 returning just over €161k according to the betslip on the paddy power app. When the bet went through it bet showed a potential return of €100k. I've queried this with paddy power and they said they limit the return to €100k. My argument is that is its a €100k max win I should only be charged €6.18 for the bet to reflect the odds OR if they are willing to accept a stake of €10 they should honour the odds.

Am I alone in thinking this?
    (I'm aware this may never really be an issue as the odds of it landing are massive)

Thanks,

Blindside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

https://support.paddypower.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45/~/what-is-the-maximum-payout%3F

See info regarding maximum payouts above.

Just bet the 6.18 and get the 100k. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I know someone who bets 6.06 on the euromillions and always gets unusual looks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Many online bookies restrict the stake to reflect the max payout, not our famously generous paddy though.
    Yet another example of why many are no longer taken in by them.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

A lot of bookies state in their rules that "you have to check their limits when placing bets with them".
    So if the limit is 100k payout and your stake would return 200k, you will only get 100k.
    So you are halving your odds by over staking twice max stake!
    Always check the limits especially when doing minor football leagues or matches not live.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

2 fiver bets woulda sorted it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Got sorted anyway, emailed paddy power who agreed to void the bet and allow me to replace the bet. One of the prices had drifted so only had to put on €5 which I'll never see again :)

The reason I was surprised was that previously PP had set a limit on the stake I could place on certain bets so I had (wrongly) assumed if they were taking the bets they were honouring the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

2 fiver bets woulda sorted it

Nope, t&c and the lack of clear, enforceable legislation around gambling transactions means that they would pay out to their limit regardless of the amount of bets placed. T&c for what they're worth state that limits are per customer not per bet.

Advertisement