Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thebookpeople

Options
  • 17-11-2016 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Looks like thebookpeople.co.uk have finally adjusted their postage to Ireland to something reasonable (£5)... 20% off most titles and collections today with code WRAPPED20...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

pd40 wrote: »
    Looks like thebookpeople.co.uk have finally adjusted their postage to Ireland to something reasonable (£5)... 20% off most titles and collections today with code WRAPPED20...

Well.......

Light <0.5 kg Stg 4.00

Medium <1.0kg Stg 5.00

Heavy >3.0kg Stg 9.00

Oversize 3.0Kg Plus Stg 12.00

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I just ordered from them using parcel wizard, bookpeople split the delivery into two boxes &#55357;&#56865; so doubled my shipping costs

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Their €-£ rates are terrible.
    If you put in an Irish address(belfast or cork) they charge in €. A £9.6 book is coming in at €16.
    Amazon works out cheaper

People should check out the book depository

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pd40

I paid in sterling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

People should check out the book depository

I checked them out but found the Book People much cheaper. For example - Peggy and Me by Miranda Harte was only €6.79 compared to €17.38 from them :eek: I bought 6 books for €29.29 including postage!

I checked them out but found the Book People much cheaper. For example - Peggy and Me by Miranda Harte was only €6.79 compared to €17.38 from them :eek: I bought 6 books for €29.29 including postage!

That class, I'd definitely recommend shopping around too, Amazon, TheBookDepsoitory and these could all have deals. I got a heap of books from TBD for a fraction the cost of Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Got 18 books for 44€ down from roughly 250€. Half Christmas presents half stuff for me. Thanks for pointing it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

Ordered a load of Julia Donaldson book last week (The Gruffalo author) which are great first books for baby and for presents.

10 books for £12 (They usually cost about a tenner each in the shops)
    https://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?productId=536905&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&author=Julia+Donaldson

Also spotted a huge bundle of 52 of her books for £30 - Start reading collection
    https://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?productId=648078&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100

But as said previously, watch out for multiple deliveries. We ordered a few other books, so they sent a second package with 1 book that wasn't in the first package - so we got charged 2 Parcel Motels. Bit annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

I made an order 14th and when i go to 'track' order it says no data available! Money went out but i ordered using parcel motel address and paid with paypal on the co.uk site I am scared they are going to cancel!! How.long between ordering usually before dispatch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

I also found good deals on thebookpeople site, but they forced my payment in Euro (exchange rate was rubbish) and the shipping costs were very high. They're a reseller on Amazon so I went on there and found the same deals (it's not all the same unfortunately). We bought the Roald Dahl collection for around 22 + plus shipping. I was able to pay in STG and paid 2.80 for delivery.

Up there for thinking, down there for dancing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I made an order 14th and when i go to 'track' order it says no data available! Money went out but i ordered using parcel motel address and paid with paypal on the co.uk site I am scared they are going to cancel!! How.long between ordering usually before dispatch?

It does take a fair whack of time for them to deliver, like it can be a few weeks I think.
    guinang wrote: »
    I also found good deals on thebookpeople site, but they forced my payment in Euro (exchange rate was rubbish) and the shipping costs were very high. They're a reseller on Amazon so I went on there and found the same deals (it's not all the same unfortunately). We bought the Roald Dahl collection for around 22 + plus shipping. I was able to pay in STG and paid 2.80 for delivery.

I ordered the 15 book Roald Dahl collection from them and remember it coming in at around 30 euro including delivery.

A quick google has them at $39.99 on Amazon and €146.00 :eek: in Easons. So Thebookpeople offers exceptional value really. :)

They can take a couple of weeks to deliver jockeyboy. I wouldn't worry. I've always paid on the .co.uk site (works out cheaper to pay in sterling) and had them deliver via parcel motel (up to now their irish delivery rates were ridiculous). I've never had any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

It does take a fair whack of time for them to deliver, like it can be a few weeks I think.

I ordered the 15 book Roald Dahl collection from them and remember it coming in at around 30 euro including delivery.

A quick google has them at $39.99 on Amazon and €146.00 :eek: in Easons. So Thebookpeople offers exceptional value really. :)

They were charging me €30 for the books and €5.95 for delivery. I did try a few different options but couldn't find it cheaper on the site. Amazon.co.uk worked out around €29 delivered. Thebookpeople are on Amazon web site so still ordering through them - just via Amazon to avoid the Xe rate on book people site.

Either way, it's a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

I also found good deals on thebookpeople site, but they forced my payment in Euro and the shipping costs were very high. They're a reseller on Amazon so I went on there and found the same deals (it's not all the same unfortunately). We bought the Roald Dahl collection for around 22 + plus shipping. I was able to pay in STG and paid 2.80 for delivery.

They link the currency to your address, so if you use a UK address you can order in STG.

Address pal, for example, is a UK address. Just used it the other Day.

They were charging me €30 for the books and €5.95 for delivery. I did try a few different options but couldn't find it cheaper on the site. Amazon.co.uk worked out around €29 delivered. Thebookpeople are on Amazon web site so still ordering through them - just via Amazon to avoid the Xe rate on book people site.

Either way, it's a great deal

I just checked how much the Roald Dahl collection would be if ordering in sterling... with today's 15% off code it is £18.70 plus the £5 postage to Ireland which comes in at aprox £24 ( 28 euro ish)... I'm guessing the choice between thebookpeople and amazon depends on what discount code is available for TBP...

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Update, got my books.delivered in one big box to parcel motel yesterday so although not a fast service, still great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

fuse wrote: »
    Ordered a load of Julia Donaldson book last week (The Gruffalo author) which are great first books for baby and for presents.

10 books for £12 (They usually cost about a tenner each in the shops)
    https://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?productId=536905&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&author=Julia+Donaldson

Also spotted a huge bundle of 52 of her books for £30 - Start reading collection
    https://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?productId=648078&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100

But as said previously, watch out for multiple deliveries. We ordered a few other books, so they sent a second package with 1 book that wasn't in the first package - so we got charged 2 Parcel Motels. Bit annoying

I don't think the 52 books are by Julia Donaldson...

Advertisement