Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Parkrun Carlow – Volunteers Needed!***

Options
  • 16-11-2016 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Spotted this on county Carlow local sports partnership Facebook page.

***Parkrun Carlow – Volunteers Needed!***

Great news - we have secured a fantastic venue for Parkrun - ***Rathwood Carlow***. The route is a flat 5km in a green space, off-road, as designated by Parkrun Ireland. Rathwood also provides great facilities and amenities which will be a huge benefit the social side of the weekly run! :)

We are now recruiting volunteers to establish the ***Event Team*** to coordinate Parkrun Carlow.

Parkrun Carlow is a free weekly run that will be of benefit to all local walking and running groups and individuals and increase participation, create a sense of community, have a positive impact on mental health, etc.

Once Parkrun is established Carlow LSP will work to include and encourage participation from all local running and walking groups, including commercial and club groups, as we all share a common goal in encouraging people to be more active.

For further information, including Event Team role descriptions, please contact mjduggan@carlowcoco.ie 059 9136207 and click on the following link ... https://www.parkrun.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Why didn't they call it Park run Tullow? Hopefully they get it up and running. I have gone to these in a few different places and always well organised

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

toe_knee wrote: »
    Why didn't they call it Park run Tullow? Hopefully they get it up and running. I have gone to these in a few different places and always well organised

Exactly my thoughts they're all associated with a town or location. So why not Park run Tullow or Rathwood?

I can't see it taking off at Rathwood anyway it's a bit off the beaten track. I'm surprised Carlow town hasn't set up it's own park run.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭derailed

According to parkrun ireland the start date for tullow parkrun is April 1st :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

derailed wrote: »
    According to parkrun ireland the start date for tullow parkrun is April 1st :-)

Thats great news, now to get my ass in gear again for running..

Advertisement