Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opportunity to change job, what should I do?

Options
  • 16-11-2016 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been in a job for 2 months, but I don't particularly enjoy it. It's challenging and quite draining. Recently the opportunity for a new job in a much better organisation came up, but it pays a bit less and is further away. Also, the idea of starting a new job when I'm just settling into one gives me anxiety, but the place I'm in really doesn't give me the enjoyment or satisfaction I'm looking for, and I don't see that changing. I'm really unsure of what to do.

I know this is a decision I can only make myself but I'm struggling, I'd love some advice if anyone has any?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

How much of an impact would the lower money and longer commute have on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭Xterminator

can you afford to live on the lower wage, how will the difference affect you. Are you likely to get a pay raise after a year?

think long and hard about the commute. is the service reliable- will one bus/train/tram get you there or will you need to make connections? how many hours a week more will your commute take, and will the cost also go up ?

only you can decide, but consider the advantages - better job (possibly?) then the disadvantages and make you choice with your eye's open.

Advertisement