Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting in the apartment all day

Options
  • 16-11-2016 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hello myself and my boyfriend both in our mid late twentys moved in together two months ago i was working three days per week but the contract ended now im in the small apartment all day and i feel like im going mad dont get me wrong i go for walks go i down to the local town etc but i really would like a job ive bad social anxiety so i cant work in retail and thats the only jobs around at the moment if anyone has any ideas on what i should do it would be great also money is really tight as i dont get full social welfare as his working so travelling to the next big city can only be done once or twice per week and we have no internet so i have to use the internet in the local cafe to look for work, im just stuck in a bad rut and feeling very down at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

What are your long term goals for life and work / career? What is stopping you from reaching them?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Aufbau

Firstly, get out of the apartment and get a routine going. Is there somewhere you can volunteer? Ask at the church, charity shop, after school club, sports club, Vincent de Paul, old folks home. Any clubs you could join, cards, crochet, walking, choir, drama, anything.

Try looking up volunteer.ie and checking out your area - they have short term and long term things, even one day things, helping with animals, working from home, all sorts.

It really doesn't matter what you get to do, whether typing lists or sweeping floors. It won't help with getting money in (though it would look good on your CV) but it will hugely help your head and make you feel so much better, and give you energy.

You'll feel useful. And you'll be better able to tackle finding a job.

Advertisement