Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital piano advice

Options
  • 16-11-2016 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'm looking to buy a digital piano for my son for xmas he is a beginner on grade 2, I am trying to decide between two yamaha p115 or Kawai es100, the p115 has more features but some reviews say the es100 has a better hammer action and sound any advise wood be good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Get a full length keyboard. Other than that? Whatever you prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I ended up playing a Kawai at a wedding recently and I was well impressed by the action AND by the sound. Admittedly, it was a slightly more expensive model than the the ES100 but Kawai make a very good product. Go the whole hog and buy the matching stand. You will have to buy the pedal assembly anyhow...otherwise your son won't be able to practice properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I was shopping for a digital piano last year, albeit a non portable one in a higher price range. I think it cost me about €1500. I came to the conclusion that I preferred the Kawai in that price to Yamaha/Roland so that's what I went with. There wasn't a lot in it though, as long as you stick to one of the major brands they should all be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ken1971

thanks guys got a friend who plays piano to come to the shop with me to check them out ill let you know the out come

Advertisement