Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paramedics

Options
  • 16-11-2016 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey guys, im an irish paramedic and am looking for options to become a UK HCPC Paramedic. Im guessing ill have to go back to college but i really dont know. Can someone please explain the options and time frame encluding what it would take to get PHECC registration as an AP if i decided thats what i wanted after. Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kadiea

I know this reply is a little late, but I can give you some info.
    The Irish Paramedic in comparison to international standards is not high enough to gain you HCPC recognition in its own. I am sure there are some courses that you could do to get HCPC registered. As for getting your UK Paramedic recognised with PHECC you would need at least 2 years experience as a HCPC registered Paramedic and a very good CPD folder with courses cpd days etc (which in the UK there is an abundance of free CPD opportunities). The process with PHECC I hear is approximatley 4months+ there is a list on their website detailing what they typically look for.

You probably have this information already by now (1 year later) but I hope it helps anybody else with the same question.

Advertisement