Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park by Text at train stations

Options
  • 15-11-2016 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Quick question for which I cannot find the answer on the IR of Park by Text websites. There is also no contact #s or email. When you book parking using Park by Text do you just find a spot and park? How do they know the spot is paid for as there is no ticket or am I missing an extra step I need to do at the train station in the morning?

Anyone ever use this service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,260 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think you have to register to use the service...

http://parkbytext.ie/Frequently-Asked-Questions/How-parkbytext-works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I think you have to register to use the service...

http://parkbytext.ie/Frequently-Asked-Questions/How-parkbytext-works

yep done all that and booked parking for a day. Just interested in how they know I paid when just leave car at the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

BailMeOut wrote: »
    yep done all that and booked parking for a day. Just interested in how they know I paid when just leave car at the station.

They know by the reg of the car, that's why you have to enter it when you register.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

If someone was to go around and check the cars they can check your reg and see that you payed by using park by text

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭homenotaway

It comes up on the system when the ticket checker arrives to said car park. The other way I've checked is to go in to your account to check that the fee has been taken from your balance.

• Advertisement

thank you all. Was not expecting such a sophisticated checking setup at the train station where they could check the reg plates. Going to leave a print on of the booking on the dash just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

You have no guarantee of a parking space though so get there well ahead of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

thank you all. Was not expecting such a sophisticated checking setup at the train station where they could check the reg plates. Going to leave a print on of the booking on the dash just in case!

I've used the parkbytext for the last two years without any issues

Like you at the start I was a bit concerned that there is no obvious tag

thank you all. Dropped car at station for the day and it was not clamped when I got home that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Trampas

If you get a weekly ticket are you confined to a station or can you go to another station due to station x been full ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Think it's the station you picked via the station code.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭homenotaway

Just to let people know (as I have just discovered) that there is a maintenance fee of €1.24 per month whether or not you use the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 smncnnr

Although if you use it without an account you can avoid the charges, though you lose some of the benefits.

Advertisement