Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College course help?

Options
  • 15-11-2016 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody could answer a couple of questions I have regarding courses I was looking at. I am interested in dental nursing and from what I can see, there are 2 options. A higher certificate in dental nursing which is level 6 and a diploma in dental nursing which is level 7. They both take 2 years to complete. Can somebody explain why the diploma is an extra level even though they take the same time to complete?

Also if anybody is working as a dental nurse I would love to read all about your job.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭EmmaH1997

Hi ! Basically the difference is the cert is for those who want to study part time and the diploma is for those who want to study full time. Have you seen this http://www.dentist.ie/careers-in-dentistry/dental-nurse.144.html ? I don't think you are eligble to do the cert because on the link above it says in the description "Aimed at students employed as Dental Nurses, who wish to attend evening training to gain a formal Dental Nursing qualification. Employing practitioners must support students wishing to enter this programme, as they are essential in the delivery of the practical training.

Students are required to be in employment as a dental nurse throughout the duration of the programme." Hope this helps you !

Advertisement