Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malignant Narcissist

Options
  • 15-11-2016 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

I have been told that I'm a malignant narcissist by my ex husband (childhood sweetheart).

He said that a girl I went to school with told him when we were both 17 that I was very 2 faced.

Has anyone here experienced this? I'm struggling. I had a very traumatic childhood. Father obsessed with making money and mother as cold as ice. No affection and be careful what the neighbours might hear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to Personal Issues. Please read the local charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have been told that I'm a malignant narcissist by my ex husband (childhood sweetheart).

He said that a girl I went to school with told him when we were both 17 that I was very 2 faced.
    It doesn't sound far fetched for a teenage girl to be two faced, even if it was just a few times, or to particular people. It could probably have been said about me. That doesn't mean you're two faced now or that you were always two faced.

The teenage you was basically an entirely different person. WTF has it got to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭galwayredgirl

ScumLord wrote: »
    It doesn't sound far fetched for a teenage girl to be two faced, even if it was just a few times, or to particular people. It could probably have been said about me. That doesn't mean you're two faced now or that you were always two faced.

The teenage you was basically an entirely different person. WTF has it got to do with anything?

Cost me my marriage :o

• Administrators Posts: 13,869 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

You give very little information, OP, and it is really difficult for anyone here to comment. Maybe you are a narcissistic person. Maybe your husband had his own problems and found it easier to shift the blame to you. Someone told him when you were 17 that you were two faced. But he continued a relationship with you, for how many years? Lived with you. Married you. And then down the line decides to use that as the reason to leave?

There's years missing from this story, and nobody can really advise you on it without more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Your behaviour as a teenager did not cost you your marraige. Your behaviour during your marraige might have though.

Do you feel you have behavioural issues?

Were you selfish in the relationship?

If you think so then maybe see a professional about this, there's nothing wrong with that.

It sounds equally as likely that your ex is just trying to make you the bad guy and play the blame game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

This is your second deliberately ambiguous post here in PI within a week. We are not here for a collective game of 'Guess the Issue' and I'd ask that you refrain from wasting posters' time. I don't want to see any more posts from you like this again, consider this an official warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement