Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Sitter in North Dublin

Options
  • 15-11-2016 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey guys,

I'm going on vacation the entire month of December. I have a 7 month old neutered indoor cat (kitten?). I checked with my friends to see if they could take care of my cat but most of them are on Christmas vacation and no one seems to be available.
    So now I'm looking at cat sitters who could visit my apartment, feed the cat and clean the litter tray.
    Any recommendations/suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Wouldnt the poor cat be very lonely being on its own in the apartment for an entire month?
    We went recently abroad for 6 weeks, put our cat in a cattery - highly recommend it if you want to PM me
    Failing a cattery, would you consider putting a flyer in the door of everyone in your apartment complex - might find someone willing to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

aonb wrote: »
    Failing a cattery, would you consider putting a flyer in the door of everyone in your apartment complex - might find someone willing to do it?

I'd be very wary of giving relative strangers a set of keys and full access to your house, without proper background knowledge or at the very least, a recommendation from someone.

There is a service called Pet Sitters Ireland. Their petsitters are local in various areas but seem to have to have criminal checks etc. I've never used them but they seem good.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Cat sitter at home. The 2 girls are Dublin based.
    Highly recommend them, both have extensive knowledge of cats and have worked in rescue for years.
    They have a face book page and a website so you can check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We have used a wnderful lady who did exactly that - twice daily visits, spent half an hour to an hour each visit including food, litter and play time. She is an absolute angel, and our skittish meow really improved in her confidence. The longest period was 2.5 weeks, the shortest two nights, and we've booked her again for a weekend in January. She does dog grooming and walking, and also works with a rescue, which is where we got her details from. PM if you'd like her details as we are north Dublin.

Advertisement