Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first pc build

Options
  • 15-11-2016 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I have a newly discovered need to get a pc to play games that i have previously been unable to play due to the lack of pcs open for gaming use to me. I was told it would be loads cheaper to build my own so I began. I want to build a budget pc that is still powerful for the cost. My budget for the pc is >600. I would appreciate feedback on this build any help welcome.

Component Selection Base Promo Shipping Tax Price Where
    CPU

Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor
    €109.95 €7.99 €117.94 Mindfactory
    Buy
    CPU Cooler Choose A CPU Cooler
    Motherboard

ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    €53.18 Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime €53.18 Amazon Deutschland
    Buy
    Memory

Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
    €44.13 Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime €44.13 Amazon Deutschland
    Buy
    Add Additional Memory
    Storage

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    €49.50 €49.50 Amazon Deutschland
    Buy
    Add Additional Storage
    Video Card

MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB Gaming X Video Card
    €209.00 Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime €209.00 Amazon Deutschland
    Buy
    Case

Cooler Master MasterBox 5 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
    €59.84 €7.99 €67.83 Mindfactory
    Buy
    Power Supply

EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    €41.45 €7.99 €49.44 Mindfactory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Dead solid, I think a 3gb 1060 is faster than a 470

• Registered Users Posts: 36 K1NG_

Thanks, I'll look into the 1060. Do I need anything else in that build or would I need extra?

That's it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What games are you looking to play? For certain CPU heavy titles an i5-6400 + GTX1050Ti would be a better combo and cost the same due to the increased number of cores - for example, in Battlefield 1 the i3 will choke at some points where an i5 would not.

Broadly speaking though it's a solid build.

What games are you looking to play? For certain CPU heavy titles an i5-6400 + GTX1050Ti would be a better combo and cost the same due to the increased number of cores - for example, in Battlefield 1 the i3 will choke at some points where an i5 would not.

Broadly speaking though it's a solid build.

Mainly for use on games like rust and cs:go for now but I might want to play others later. Money is my main restriction for this build so I want to build the best pc for >600. If those games would be more cpu intensive I'm not sure. I'm open to recommendations if this would change the build. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No, for those you're definitely fine with the i3 and to be honest, it'll something that can easily be upgraded down the line if you feel the need in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Yeah but imagine your a broke student living with 5 others. All that additional heating from the 470 is a huge plus. You could even say its primary function is heating and its secondary is graphics.

mad turnip wrote: »
    Yeah but imagine your a broke student living with 5 others. All that additional heating from the 470 is a huge plus. You could even say its primary function is heating and its secondary is graphics.

Pffft, why do you think I'm still running a 290? Kerosene isn't cheap

Was just on Mindfactory and saw that RX480 was reduced to nearly as much as an RX470, is there a notable difference. Also decided I would save myself an upgrade by buying an i5 now as I would need one for AAA games. This was also reduced. Any thoughts?

Only some AAAs will require an i5, but if it's less than €100 total for the i5 and 480 over the i3 and 470 that's a pretty good deal

• Advertisement

Ye, almost saving money on an RX 480 which comes with a free game but the deal will be gone soon and I see little point in paying €30 shipping for one item and I don't have the money ready for the whole pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

K1NG_ wrote: »
    Ye, almost saving money on an RX 480 which comes with a free game but the deal will be gone soon and I see little point in paying €30 shipping for one item and I don't have the money ready for the whole pc.

480 is a decent step up from the 470. I would discourage buying parts seperatly over time. Better to just buy em all at once.

1440p 60 FPS on most newly released titles.

mad turnip wrote: »
    480 is a decent step up from the 470. I would discourage buying parts seperatly over time. Better to just buy em all at once.

1440p 60 FPS on most newly released titles.

Yes and only for >10 extra, hopefully the deal is still around when I buy all the mind factory parts in a week or two. Any recommendations for a pc case for cheap? With a window panel

Advertisement