Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical engineering (preferably engines and machines!)

Options
  • 14-11-2016 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hey,

does anyone know any great projects for students with particular interests in machines and engines (I know there's a F1 competition but my university isn't partaking :()???

I'd love to get involved early on as I'm in first year engineering (and have a lot of free time and buzzing creatively at the moment) and I was thinking of getting some experience via research but none of the researchers are working on topics remotely related to my interests.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't know of anything formal in those areas.

GrabCAD run various competitions on different topics so you could keep on eye on that site.

https://grabcad.com/challenges

You could contact Engineers without Borders to see what they're working on at the moment too

http://www.ewb-ireland.org/getting-involved/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hey,

does anyone know any great projects for students with particular interests in machines and engines (I know there's a F1 competition but my university isn't partaking :()???

I'd love to get involved early on as I'm in first year engineering (and have a lot of free time and buzzing creatively at the moment) and I was thinking of getting some experience via research but none of the researchers are working on topics remotely related to my interests.

There is something wrong there if you are a first year with too much time!

Advertisement